hyperdeck shuttle and FS100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old August 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #1
New Boot

hyperdeck shuttle and FS100

hello
Blackmagic recently made ​​digital recorder upgrade Hyperdeck to optimize compatibility with nex-FS100, I just did the update and tell you that it works perfectly.
must put the hdmi output in 1080i mode, the recorder will recognize the input signal and the LED video light, the camera is in recording mode the recorder will record 1080p uncompressed 4:2:2 progressive with a rate of 1020 Mbit / sec.

The tests I've done the material is fantastically well and appreciates the difference with the material recorded in avchd.

you can download the update from this link: Blackmagic Design: Support Detail
Fernando Hermoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: hyperdeck shuttle and FS100

Is 1020Mb/s correct? Having trouble correlating that with the usual 99MB/s for 8bit 1920x1080 25p. The recording media for the shuttle makes it expensive.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hyperdeck shuttle with the FS100 is same story as the NInja right? Through HDMI is 8-bit HD not 10?
Martin Noboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Hermoso View Post
hello
Blackmagic recently made ​​digital recorder upgrade Hyperdeck to optimize compatibility with nex-FS100, I just did the update and tell you that it works perfectly.
must put the hdmi output in 1080i mode, the recorder will recognize the input signal and the LED video light, the camera is in recording mode the recorder will record 1080p uncompressed 4:2:2 progressive with a rate of 1020 Mbit / sec.

The tests I've done the material is fantastically well and appreciates the difference with the material recorded in avchd.

you can download the update from this link: Blackmagic Design: Support Detail
As a proud owner of the NEX-FS100UK Camera with the Hyperdeck Shuttle I can't begin to tell you how pleased I was to hear that there's a simple Workflow for removing the 2:3 Pull Down using Apple Compressor available with Final Cut Pro Studio:

Simple Workflow for Removing 2:3 Pull Down | CineTechnica

Couldn't be happier.

There's just one little problem.

I don't own a Mac.

I own a PC with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

OK now what?

Any ideas?
Shawn Sutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey, I wanted to ask.

When you do over or under cranking, does recording on the hyperdeck work the same as in camera? Like if I record at 60p and camera plays back at 30p for half speed slow motion? Will this work going out hdmi into hyperdeck as well?

Unless canon makes an announcement for a af100, fs100 competitor ($5k price range). I'll most likely be picking up the fs100. Since my indie aspirations include visual fx laden footage, I'm interested in the uncompressed footage the hyperdeck would give. So I'm curious how the over and under cranking would work with the hdmi output.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Major Player

Hey, I was hoping you guys might give an update to this thread? Looking at picking up the hyperdeck, for green screen and VFX shots, for my own productions. Was hoping you'd share your impressions now that you've had the hyperdeck for a little while now. are you pleased with the equipment combo? Are you using with Mac or PC workflow (I'm Mac)? Able to record all frame rates?

Thank you for taking the time,
Jefff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Is there any option of recording format and quality when record to hyperdeck? looks like uncompressed codec takes lot of space, can it record Apple ProRes into the hyperdeck?

besides, it use SSD drive, can i use standard 2.5" SATA drive?

for the SDI connector, looks like it's RCA type. How can I get a cable to convert it to BNC SDI cable?
Thomas Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Trustee

The New Hyperdeck 2 can record Avid DNXHD. Don't think there is a ProRes option yet. AJA has offered that on their recorder but it is much higher cost machine
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Regular Crew

i agree that hyperdeck is the cheapest one that do in very high quaility
it also act as a HDMI to SDI converter, coz it has HDMI in out and SDI in out
$50 extra money than BlackMagic HDMI SDI converter.
Thomas Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta