Sony FS100 Review and Reel at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony FS100 Review and Reel

Hi, everyone – Now that Canon didn't release a sub $8,000 EOS camera, I was able to write a review on my FS100 without any buyers remorse. There is also an FS100-only reel in the review.

Thanks for reading / watching!

Sony FS100 review | Strapping Production | Directing ? Screenwriting ? (Motion) Graphics Editing ? Video Production ? Sound Production ? St. Louis, MO ? Columbia, MO ? Kansas City, MO
Kyle McConaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony FS100 Review and Reel

I would say that the EX1 has a lot more detail without sharpening, and that its CineGamma settings don't blow a colour channel like the FS100's CineTone settings. I'd even go as far to say that the EX1 CineGamma settings also vent their bladders all over the FS100 Knee settings.

However, the larger sensor and photo optics of the FS100 do a huge amount to re-address this, and the lack of noise that is the inherent charm of the FS100's images does tend to make EX1's 'ever so slightly' textured (noisy) footage appear 'knitted' in comparison.

I still live in fear of blowing the red channel on FS100 interviews, and have my overall chroma turned down two clicks - which requires a little remedial post work - just in case I get that 'AF101' look.
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sony FS100 Review and Reel

matt-

i would be very interested in a continued conversation about the red channel and your settings.

thanks in advance.

be well

rob
smalltalk productions
Rob Katz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta