Fs-100 lanc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Fs-100 lanc

It has been brought to my attention that the LANC protocol on the Sony FS-100 is different than on other Sony camera,s. Does anyone know about this and possibly why? I ran across this issue when coupling a Atomos Ninja via LANC out of the FS-100. It no workie!

Atomos Ninja manufacturer is stating Sony FS-100 Lanc is a different animal than other Sony products. Hmm!
Matthew Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #2

Re: Fs-100 lanc

Will panhandle LANC remotes work with the FS100?
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Can I ask as well... If you have the right lens, will a LANC also control the focus and power on/off in the same way my LANCs used to on a Z1?
TIA.

Last edited by Duncan Craig; January 15th, 2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: No zoom, of course...
Duncan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #4
New Boot

yeah I'm very interested as well!!
bump!
Tommaso Alvisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Major Player

I did a test with a varizoom vz-rock. The only function that didn't work is zooming. If you set the kit lens to manual focus you can use the vz-rock to adjust the focus and turn on and off the lcd display, and of course start and stop recording.

Dan
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Bepob LANC Zoom does not support the new 16-50 Emount lens, also the IR Remote does not work.
Start Stop and Focus works. I guess it is not implemented. With the Firmware Update in few weeks for the S 700 should work then. Maybe also a Firmware Update for the FS 100 will come?
LANC should work for a NEX 50 and the NEX 6 will Zoom ( no LANC) over the IR remote-...
Werner Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I don't own a FS100 but am very close to deciding on purchasing one. I did notice that Varizoom's LANC compatibility chart has omitted the FS100. http://www.varizoom.com/v/vspfiles/d...lity_chart.pdf

A post from Dan Asseff 15 months ago stated that a VZ-Rock will control the focus and record but not zoom. Since it is my understanding that the kit lens does not have a servo zoom, it is understandable why you couldn't control the zoom. I was wondering if anyone was using the $1200 zoom servo lens with a aftermarket LANC controller. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/913563-REG/sony_selp_18200_18_200mm_f_3_5_6_3_pz_oss.html
Joe Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #8
Major Player

I have an old Sign Video Zoom controller. It does indeed control focus on the Sony E mount lenses and start and stop record..You can use a Ninja version one with the FS 100 Make sure your firmware is uptodate. Use a Y splitter and feed one side to the Ninja and the other to the handle on the camera. The Ninja 2 works very well with the FS100 and triggers through the HDMI.
There have been a couple of reviews of the servo zoom lens but you need to google it. Most say it is the same as the stock zoom and the servo is somewhat slow. That being said I will probably buy one this summer, they have only been available for a couple of months in Canada.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta