Canon FD lens video - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #16
Regular Crew
Re: Canon FD lens video

That is an awesome find, I've been looking for a mid-range zoom to add to my two Canon FD primes, this fits perfectly with my 50mm f1.4 and 135mm f2.8. I picked one up from a used lens vendor this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up, even if not parfocal, it is a fine lens for under $200 for the NEX.

Scott Caplan
Scott Caplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #17
Inner Circle
Re: Canon FD lens video

Originally Posted by Matt Davis View Post

- It holds exposure well enough as I zoom the lens for me to do this during an interview

It's not perfect, but it's 100 and it's doing enough to make for lovely interviews. For me, the lens is a keeper, with enough 'parfocal' effect and with 'enough' constancy in aperture.
I hear what you're saying Matt, and I think I should add to my previous comment that - considering how old those lenses are, and how long they had served somebody else before we bought them on eBay for our FS100 - it's quite possible that each unit performs slightly differently.

It seems you have been lucky with yours; with mine I certainly couldn't zoom without fear of loosing the critical focus...
Sony PXW-FS7 | DaVinci Resolve Studio; Magix Vegas Pro; i7-5960X CPU; 64 GB RAM; 2x GTX 1080 8GB GPU; Decklink 4K Extreme 12G; 4x 3TB WD Black in RAID 0; 1TB M.2 NVMe cache drive
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta