on the fs100, where do you put your zebras? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Major Player

on the fs100, where do you put your zebras?

i'm still at the testing phase of my fs100.

with concerns about how the fs100 is prone to clipping the highlights, i've been setting my zebras at 80%

i then use the histogram w/zebra setting and set my exposure to the limit of the zebra line on the histogram.

in my tests, my whites are not where i want then to be.

so, i'm wondering what others on this board are doing.

on the fs100, where do you put your zebras?

thanks in advance to those who care to share.

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: on the fs100, where do you put your zebras?

I don't see why change the standard setting of 100 IRE? After all, shooting with most other cameras this is what you are trying to observe...

The FS100 only having a single zebra setting, when human faces are the main subject I sometimes change from 100 to 65%, but only when shooting without my Marshall monitor or Zacuto EVF, which both have the excellent "false color" feature.

Other than that, if you never exceed 100 IRE and still have highlight problems, you should double check your PP settings!
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: on the fs100, where do you put your zebras?

I set my zebras to 98 or 100 and make sure not to exceed that limit. On both the FS100 and the F3 it is easy to blow out the highlights by pushing it past the limit you set.
Chuck Fishbein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta