Zacuto evf and fs100 problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Trustee

Zacuto evf and fs100 problem

I've been using mu Zacuto Evf and z finder with my shoulder rig set up , and it's been working fine.
Yesterday i opened the marker menu under "display' on the FS100. As soon as I turned anything on, it canceled out all data going through to the Zacuto. So I can't use safety or center markers .
I called Zacuto and they checked on an FS100 the have in rental, and discovered the same problem. They said there was no setting in the Zacuto menu to fix this, and it must be an FS100 issue.
Anybody else know anything about this problem?
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Zacuto evf and fs100 problem

I tried two other monitors and got the same results. It has to do with the signal comming from the FS100.
As soon as you turn on the "marker" menus, the display information stops passing from the FS100 to the monito via th hdmi cable. Haven't tried it with another connection.
Bruce Yarock
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Major Player

This same thing happens with my FS100 and SmallHD DP6. I have the Vortex Media FS100 training dvd, and without getting it out to check, I believe they talk about this issue. When markers are selected, it won't send any camera info to external monitor. However I think I remember reading this was one of the issues being address with the new firmware update.
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Trustee

Jeff,
Good to see that you're now able to post.
Hopefully the new Sony firmware will resolve it. I''m hoping it comes out soon, because it will also let us shoot in PAL.
Bruce Yarock
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #5
New Boot

Hope the update can be here faster but they are saying its suppose to be out in march.
Pedro I. Vazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Trustee

I tried three different hdmi monitors, the component cable and the composit cable. The FS100 cuts of all data to the external monitor as soon as you turn on "marker" in the display menu. What A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!!
I shot an exercise class with the fs100 on my new shoulder rig along with a dv multirig spring loaded adjustable pod. It was pretty run and gun as I had to constantly move around following the instructor, and change exposure. When I watched my footage everything looked really good except that I was slightly off horizontal when I looked at the mirrors in the back of the room. having the center marker visible through my Zacuto would have totally solved that problem. I had too much to think about and missed the level issue. The client will never notice the difference and it's a training video, not a commercial, so I'm safe in that regard.
I have 2 more classes to shoot on Tuesday, and I guess that's one more thing I'll have to pay attention to.

Sony....PLEASE give us a firmware update that will allow markers to an external monitor.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta