What glass are you using with your FS100? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old February 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: What glass are you using with your FS100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on one, to add (replace?) my Canon DSLR arsenal. The problem is, I've put a lot of money into EF lenses and there's no great EF solution at the moment.

Any thoughts? What are you shooting with and what are your favorites?
Like everyone else i would stay with the glass you have now... that said i now have;

A mount Zeiss 16-35 f2.8
A mount Angenieux/Tokina 28-80 f26/2.8
Nikon mount Angenieux 35-90 f2.8
Nikon 35 f1.8
Nikon 50 f1.4
Nikon 85 f1.8
Nikon 105 f2.5
Nikon mount Tokina 70-200 f2.8
Nikon doubler

2 x A-E adpts
2 x Nikon to A adpts

all the short/midi zooms are internal focus/internal zoom, decent throw focus, decent parafocal, decent breathing... built like cine lenses, heavy, solid, good at the edges, in short tools for professional use.

The primes breath like crazy, i only use them when i have to, and then only pull focus when i can hide it in a move... and the only reason i'd be using them is to get the stops, so they only live at WFO or close.. if i have a 2.8 or greater then i'm using the Zeiss or Angenieux

d
Dermot Shane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta