ND Filters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ND Filters

Don't have the bucks for a Heliopan, not terribly happy with genus, so considering the clarity of a filter set. Any recommendations? IF I had only 2 ND filters, which should I carry?

I'm using kit lens for now.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Re: ND Filters

I use a Light Craft variable ND filter. I'm happy with it.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Doug Jensen, in his DVD ¨Mastering the FS100¨ suggests the same as is fitted to the F3 - .9, .6 & 1.8 for using fixed ND filters.
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Bill
maybe i'm the only one in Europe who bought the Heliopan filter from the USA and paid too much and then discover this store in Germany: Foto Mayr - Fotofachversand seit 1983
B&H price 444.00 $ and Fotomayr €200,00 (263$) + €28,00 shipping cost..big difference..i paid the B&h price and discovered the Fotomayr price later :-(
Now that i have the Heliopan filter i can understand why is it so pricy,many people from Canada and USA bought it from Fotomayr.
hope it helps.
Samer Aslan
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Fixed filters don´t give you the fine and precise control you can get out of a vari ND.
Same with a filter wheel - it forces you to compromise your shutter speed or aperture to adjust exposure.

Since I use a vari ND, I don´t look back to compromises (or adjusting via lights - if possible at all).

Frank
Frank Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer Aslan View Post
B&H price 444.00 $ and Fotomayr €200,00 (263$) + €28,00 shipping cost..big difference..
I really want the Heliopan http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/765517-REG/Heliopan_707790_77mm_Vario_Neutral_Density.html but can't read a word of German so can't figure out which product on the Fotomayr website is the corresponding product. Is this it here?

Filter bei Foto Mayr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta