Which is your favorite lens for interviews? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old April 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Which is your favorite lens for interviews?

I was wondering what is/are your best/favorite lens for interviews shots? I have the FS-100 lens kit but it's not best in low light situation and for shallow depth of field and got the Novoflex for Nikon mount and got myself the Tokina 11-16 for wide angles shots and i have ordered more than two month ago the SEL24F18Z 24mm f/1.8 and still waiting for it to arrive (my supplier keep pushing date arrival every week!!!)
what would you recommend for another lens for interviews (not only)? got a budget of €500 to €700, not Canon lens, E mount or Nikon mount or maybe Sony mount (will get the Sony LA-EA2 adapter)
Thanks
Samer
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Which is your favorite lens for interviews?

I have a Canon FD 85mm f/1.2L that is my go-to lens for interviews. The image from this thing is fantastic and I like how people are rendered in mid range lenses (50m to 85mm).

Yes, I have to move the camera back and forth some if I'm going to reframe but the image quality is worth it. Get some dolly wheels for your tripod for quicker setup changes. :)
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,thank you for your reply, i was thinking about getting one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/36977-USA/Nikon_1433_Normal_50mm_f_1_4_AIS.htmlor maybe this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/818649-REG/Sony_SEL50F18_50mm_f_1_8_Telephoto_Lens.htmlwhat do you think? i'm tying to stick with Nikon, Emount or sony lens,..just to get an idea of what kind of shooting i do here are two clips shot with the PMW-350...haven't tried the FS-100 on paying job yet because i'm waiting to have the right lenses this way i'm covered with about all i need, been using only my PMW-350 lately..
thanks
Old April 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

A 13 dollar lens adapter and a 1.8 canon FD 50mm really does the trick. I also have a 35 and 25 FD that can serve that purpose well. counting adapters, filters, about 500 for the whole lot.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta