DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/)
-   -   Just got my metabones adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/506927-just-got-my-metabones-adapter.html)

Bruce S. Yarock April 14th, 2012 01:12 PM

Just got my metabones adapter

Very nice!!
It's great to be able o try my Canon lenses on the FS100.
A couple of issues I came across.
1- Unless I'm missing something, the metabones doesn't recognize the iris on my Tokina 11-16 2.8. I'll 3mail them, but it looks like it doesn't. You see an "f" but nothing after it and the dial does nothing.

2- When I put on my Canon 50 mil 1.4, the adapter was slow and there was some kind of mechanical sond. I shut down the camera, and put in a fresh , fully charged battery, and everything worked fine.

3- Normally when you hit the button you have assigned for image stabilization, it gives you two icons- one on and one off. With the metabones, the FS100 only shows "on" or no icon. Is this normal?

It looks like a well made piece of gear, and I'm looking forward to using it, except when I need the kit lenses and /or af.
Bruce Yarock

Jeff Troiano April 14th, 2012 06:31 PM

Re: Just got my metabones adapter

Bruce, just wanted to let you know, the Tokina 11-16 and Metabones combo works great on my fs100. Hope you figure things out.

Jeff

Bruce S. Yarock April 15th, 2012 07:47 AM

Thanks, Jeff. I'll try it again today.
Bruce Yarock

Bruce S. Yarock April 15th, 2012 08:27 AM

I either didn't have the lens totally connected or maybe it was the weak battery. The 11-16 does work now,

Antone know the answer to the stabilization icon question?
Bruce Yarock

Matthew Hurley April 18th, 2012 08:38 AM

Joy! MetaBones emailed and informed me my adaptor is on the way.

Bruce S. Yarock April 18th, 2012 10:24 AM

It'sa relly well made piece of equipment. And oh man...how nice it is seeing the Canon lenses on my FS1000.
Bruce Yarock

Matthew Hurley April 22nd, 2012 05:08 PM

Received my Metabones adapter yesterday. VERY nice! Works perfectly on my Ziess and Canon EF lenses.

Lee Mullen April 23rd, 2012 01:49 AM

How are you guys getting them when their site constantly says out of stock? Did you email them?

Jeff Troiano April 23rd, 2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalan Salur (Post 1728971)
How are you guys getting them when their site constantly says out of stock? Did you email them?

I would recommend doing what I've done, and have mentioned in other threads. Goto their website, email and tell them you are interested in preordering the adpater. They will not reply, but will add you to their list. Once they have more adapters, they will email you, and ask if you still want one. When you reply yes, they will send you a PayPal invoice. Once you pay, your adapter will be on the way.

Jean-Philippe Archibald April 23rd, 2012 08:02 AM

Excatly What I have done too. And they ships really fast. I got my shipping notice, and 3 days later I had the adapter here in Canada.

Galen Rath April 23rd, 2012 09:07 AM

I had been on their waiting list for a long time, I emailed them a second time, and they shipped that day, so follow up with them.