DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/)
-   -   24p/telecine reversed/itunes question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/512516-24p-telecine-reversed-itunes-question.html)

Bruce S. Yarock December 4th, 2012 05:21 PM

24p/telecine reversed/itunes question

We are shooting a 4 camera concert this Saturday night for a record company. They sent me a page of "Video Delivery Specifications". Most of the specs are for placing videos with itunes, but there was one thing in particular that I don;t understand.
It says "If shot in 24p, video should arrive23.98 fps progressive with the telecine cleanly reversed (no interlaced frames.)"

Does this mean that I have to do something additional after shooting in 24p, or would 24p on our FS100's fit this specification?
Thanks
Bruce Yarock

Jeff Troiano December 4th, 2012 06:51 PM

Re: 24p/telecine reversed/itunes question

I don't think this is anything to worry about, with the FS100. It shoots in 23.98 (24p).

I could be wrong, but some cameras shoot 24p but its wrapped in a 60i wrapper. I would assume they are talking about those types of cameras. So even though the camera says you are filming in 24p, its really in some form of 60i, and leaves markers for deinterlacing. But the fa100 shoots in true 24p.

Bruce S. Yarock December 6th, 2012 08:27 AM

Thanks. Jeff.
Bruce Yarock

Rob Katz December 15th, 2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Troiano (Post 1766374)
I don't think this is anything to worry about, with the FS100. It shoots in 23.98 (24p).

I could be wrong, but some cameras shoot 24p but its wrapped in a 60i wrapper. I would assume they are talking about those types of cameras. So even though the camera says you are filming in 24p, its really in some form of 60i, and leaves markers for deinterlacing. But the fa100 shoots in true 24p.

jeff-

don't some canon cameras shoot this form of "fake" 24p put on a 60i stream?

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions
nyc

ps-bruce: good luck with the shoot!

Bruce S. Yarock December 15th, 2012 11:17 AM

That's good to know, because we shot it with 4 fs100's, an NXZ5u aand a Canon 7d, all in 24p.

There is a strange history with Canon , though. My second Canon camera was an XL2, which I beloieve did shoot in real 24p. When I movd up to the XLH1, there was a lot of controversy as to whether it was "true" progressive, or "wrapped".My first hd camera was a Sony FX1, which had a 24 stting, but was supposedly the interlaced version being described here.

Thanks, Rob.
The concert went well. We did both video for dvd and live multitrack for cd. The band was phenominal. It was the Pat Travers Band ( for any other old timers), and it was one of the tightest 4 piece rock/ blues bands I've ever seen live. Great songs, excellent covers, killer 2nd guitarist, drummer and Bass player. Pat is also an ass kicking guitar plaer.
While shooting, I was too nrevous and focused on everyone working with me,to enjoy the concert. A couple of days later I did a rough mix of all the tracks and listened to the whole concert 3 rimes. Like Mark Knopfler said.." that ain't workin'". I hope I can do more of these for other artists.
I'll post a trailer once I finish and get an ok from the managers.
Bruce Yarock
Video Production Fort Lauderdale, Miami, & West Palm Beach | Yarock Video Productions

Mark Bolding December 15th, 2012 01:18 PM

Boom Boom, Out go the lights. That must have been a great show. I'm sure I have at least one Pat Travers cassette around here somewhere from days gone by. If you ever want to get together and compare cameras let me know. I'm just getting going with my FS700 and I have 3 good lenses but still need to get an evf and some sort of shoulder rig. I would be interested to see how closely the 100 and 700 can match and what you have learned about rigging your camera.

Thanks

Mark Bolding