Handle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old September 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Trustee

Handle

I've been using the stock handle since my purchase of the FS-100. It's not great, but not terrible. Recently, the thumbscrew that controls the forward/backward motion of the handle stripped out. The sturdiness of the handle is not affected (it still attaches to the camera tightly), but the handle bangs back and forth without tension.

I'm thinking it's time to replace the handle. I've heard much about handle replacements for this camera. A quick google brings up a $250 Zacuto thing. I don't know that I can stomach paying $250 for a handle.

Anybody got a better suggestion?
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Contributor

Re: Handle

I have this Zacuto handle, plus the mic holder which adds about another $70 to the price:
Zacuto Sony-FS100 Top Handle Z-FSTH B&H Photo Video

It's a great handle, solid as a rock, slides left and right easily for lateral balance.

However, I have since bought the Berkey:

Sony FS 100 Top Cheeseplate, Single Handle and Microphone Mount Kit | | Berkey System

The reason I opted for the Berkey is that it's easy to flip it around and even use it perpendicular out to the side. To switch the Zacuto from sticking out over the lens to sticking out over the viewfinder you have to slide it off and turn it around. That's not a big deal if you don't have the mic holder, but if you do, then you have to move that as well. Gets to be a hassle.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta