Additional kit I will need on my new FS100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old August 9th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Additional kit I will need on my new FS100

Geoff
Here's a bit of info on some of the stuff I use on my fs100, which has been my main camera for a couple of years.
1-metabones for my Canon lenses
2- fotdiox adapter for Nikon and Nikon mount. I have a bunch of oldrer Nikon primes, and a to kinda 28-70 f2.8 with Nikon mount. The only two of these lenses I ever use are the Tokina and my beautifull Nikon 105 f1.8.
3-Sony lenses- for most run and gun and basic shoots, I use the stock sony 18-200. For steady cam or jib , I often use the inexpensive Sony wa 2.8, and sometimes the ultra wa adapter. I'll probably also pick up the Sony fisheye, which is also affordable.
I recently bought a used vg30 as 3rd cam, and have sometimes used the power zoom lens on my fs100

3- variable nd filters- I have two, plus step down rings for various lenses, but have become very lazy and often just jack up my shutter speed when out side. For an important shoot, of course, I use the nd.
4-After busting and replacing the mic mount assy, I bought the Berkey system plate and handle. Expensive, but let's you safely pick up the camera.
5-Manfrotto tripod mounts on all my gear.
6-I keep my camera on rails, with handles and a Portabrace shoulder pad. I Velcro one or two wireless receivers on the pad when needed.
7-I have an older dvtech shoulder rig, and use the spring loaded pod and belt holster for shoulder mount.
8- Zacuto z finder and evo
That's all I can remember
Hope that helps
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #17
Trustee

One of the reasons that I picked up the vg30, is that I can keep the fs100 on rails, and use the vg30 for slider, etc. when I don't have time to break down the fs100. But for important shoots, I do use the fs100 for dolly, jib or steadycam, usually with the Sony wa lens.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 01:14 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks Bruce and all others.
I am still into receiving your advice, tips and tricks.

Im about to go out this afternoon and shoot landscapes. Looking for a good landscape profile and I'll let you all know how it went soon.
Geoff Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #19
Inner Circle

...and don't forget about me Geoff !!! I still want to try out that magic machine of yours too.

When you are in the area ... your coffee is waiting!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Ha, ha!!...yes Chris, dont worry, I'll be there. Im coming dowe to Perth Wednesday on my way through to Nannup. If poss Wednesday or on the way back. I'll phone you. G
Geoff Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 06:45 AM   #21
Major Player

I am late into this but it's been a busy summer, which is good and bad since I missed way too much fishing because I was shooting.
I have been using a Viselex ND throttle by Fotodiox on my FS100 with Canon mount Rokinon Cine lenses. I sold my Zeiss 24-70 and a few other Sony A mount lenses and went this route. I really like it. It works well and I have not had issues with always having it on the camera. As stated the FS100 is an ISO 500 camera and needs ND most of the time. I still use a 70-200 Sigma with the LA EA2 adapter and an 11-16 Tokina but will probably let the latter go in favour of a Rokinon 16 these and some of my other collection have Cordvision rings on them and I use a B&W variable ND.
My rig is by Berkey systems and includes baseplate,top plate and rods, top handle, twin from handles and Sony V-lock battery plate as well as mounting hardware for my Ninja 2. The shoulder pad clips on with a 15mm rail adapter when needed. The v-lock powers the Small HD VF and other accessories. My camera batteries are Sony NP-F970 and Swit 8972. The matte box is a simple Chrosziel clip on with one rotating stage.
I use a Sony VCT-U14 base plate on my tripod and Shape foot on the Berkey camera base. I have to say that the Berkey gear allows you to attach many things. wireless kit on cam light etc.
hope this is of some help, enjoy the camera, I love mine but it takes a while to get used to so shoot lots of tests.
Brian
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:54 AM   #22
Major Player

I agree with Matt, stick with the universally adaptable Nikons and don't go down the path of being trapped with devilish Canon lenses. ;-)

Rokinon Cine Lenses | David Peterson

Edit: whoops... Just noticed this thread is from 2014!! Gee this forum doesn't get much activity :-/
David Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta