Fast SD card needed for FS700? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old June 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Fast SD card needed for FS700?

Just wondering if I should stock up on the newer 95mbs Sandisk Extreme Pro SD cards for the FS700. I have several 32gb 45mbs cards, but would the extra speed of the Pros make the layoff to card quicker?
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Fast SD card needed for FS700?

No, it will buffer super slow mo and then write it on the card at 60 fps, flagging it as 24.
I have Class 6 cards and they worked perfectly on my FS100 with 60 fps slow motion.
Felix Steinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Fast SD card needed for FS700?

You need a card that can write at at least 3MBps (Class 3) for 1080p24FX, but in S&Q at 60fps and in SSM the camera will be writing to the card at 7.5MBps (Class 8). Basically any Class 10 card will be fine, and probably many lower class cards that you test ahead of time to make sure they give you at least 8MBps writes over the capacity of the entire card.

Beyond Class 10 SDHC, faster cards will not affect the functioning of the camera, but they will allow you to download your footage from the card faster which is always helpful.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta