DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   Question about Memory cards and Sony mount adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/509768-question-about-memory-cards-sony-mount-adapter.html)

Kajito Nagib August 3rd, 2012 03:15 PM

Question about Memory cards and Sony mount adapter

I'd like to know which memory cards you're using for the FS700 and is anyone using the Sony Flash memory unit what are your thought on this device? Anyone using the Sony mount adapter LA-EAZ how does it compare with the Metabones adapter for Canon lenses?

Chris Medico August 3rd, 2012 05:23 PM

Re: Question about Memory cards and Sony mount adapter

I am using the FujiFilm Class 10 SDHC cards. They have proven reliable in the EX1r via SxS to SDHC adapters. Working fine so far in the FS700.

Kajito Nagib August 3rd, 2012 10:38 PM

ok thanks chris.

Olof Ekbergh August 4th, 2012 06:51 AM

I am using Sandisk Class 6 and 10. Even the class 6 is fine for 30p and over cranking.

I have several of the class 6 left over from my AF100. So I am happy they work fine. Any new cards I buy will be class 10.

I have not tried 1080 60p on the class 6 yet, when I get a chance I will, and if there is a problem I post here. Class 10 is the recommended card for SQ.

I plan on doing most of my recording to the NanoFlash at 100mb/s sing 64GB CF cards.

I think/hope we may have some exiting news about the Gemini and 4k on the 700 soon.

Kajito Nagib August 4th, 2012 05:44 PM

I just took a look at the NanoFlash at Convergent Design | Professional Video Recorders | Gemini 444, nanoFlash, nano3D
very impressive recording device. the nice thing is it will work with some of my other older cameras.
can't wait to see some NanoFlash FS700 footage thanks Olof.

Ian Latta August 5th, 2012 10:49 PM

I'm using the LA-EA2 adapter, I haven't used the metabones adapter but from what I've heard, its pretty solid. The LA-EA2 works pretty good, using the autofocus you're stuck at a f stop of 3.5 and its certainly not great, definately not good for tracking shots and it can get confused sometimes, but it can be handy if you haven't got a focus puller. Otherwise its a pretty good build quality and controls the iris well, but again I haven't used the metabones so not sure how it stacks up.....

Kajito Nagib August 6th, 2012 09:55 AM

over the weekend I researched so many different adapters the metabones seems to be the best adapter at least for now so I decided to get that. thanks Ian.