Recommended adapter for connecting C/Y lenses to FS700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old August 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #1
New Boot

Recommended adapter for connecting C/Y lenses to FS700

Hey All,

Got myself 50mm Carl Zeiss F1.7 Planar to use with my FS700.

I need to get an adapter for it but don't want to go cheap just because of the fear of damaging the mount on the camera. Was thinking of the Novoflex adapters...

Can anyone recommend a good adapter to use? Are the cheap ebay ones any good? I always remember when I used to do rigging in theatre that the weight capacity is only as high as your weakest link in the rig, ie you may have a 10 ton shackle but if a steal rope is only rated at 1 ton then that is the max capacity of the rig. I am using this same theory with the adapter in terms of not getting a cheap one and going expensive or more relative to the value of the camera. Are the expensive ones machined to a higher standard or is it just the name?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris Dumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:08 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Recommended adapter for connecting C/Y lenses to FS700

Does anyone have any information on this?
Chris Dumont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta