DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   Compact FS700 Shoulder Kit now in Stock at Westside A V (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/511170-compact-fs700-shoulder-kit-now-stock-westside-v.html)

Olof Ekbergh October 5th, 2012 07:09 AM

Compact FS700 Shoulder Kit now in Stock at Westside A V

8 Attachment(s)
I have just got the parts back from the anodizer, and everything is in stock at our WEBstore.
FS700 Shoulder Brace Kit: Westside A V Studios WEB Store

From lean to fully kitted out, this kit puts the weight of the camera right onto your shoulder. The best weight balance is when you use the brace with the optional cheese plate and an IDX or AB battery. Shouldering the FS700 requires the use of an EVF and we offer EVF Brackets for the Zacuto,(or other bottom mount EVFs) the Alphatron and the SmallHD DP4 (or other side mounted EVF models) Add ons include, a rear cheese plate for IDX or Anton Bauer battery plates, a side wing for wireless receivers or a Nano Flash and a MetaBones spacer for your Metabones adapter.

The handle extension makes this a very comfortable rig, and it is also nice on the sticks when the handle is in the rear position, the buttons are then very convenient.

We also offer IDX V-mount or AB Goldmount battery plates that will power the camera and accessories like external recorders, lights, EVF etc.

There are lots of photos on the site and are links to some more photos:
FS700_Lean Rig_Etc - Page 1
FS700_Kit_II - Page 1

If you have any questions contact me directly.

Christopher Young November 15th, 2012 07:56 AM

Re: Compact FS700 Shoulder Kit now in Stock at Westside A V

I will preface this with the statement that I'm in no way associated with Westside AV but...

Got mine super fast thanks to the lovely Sharyn at Westside AV, great communication. Fits the bill nicely. I didn't want a massive cage rig just something small, light and compact. Along with the VCT tripod wedge option it makes it a sanp to use on any of our Sony tripod plates. Also got the Alphatron EVF bracket. Another simple but solidly efficient piece of kit. Miles of adjustment which suits me being left eyed. Using just a couple of the supplied nylon washer / spacers gives a good friction drag on the EVF rotation point. The hand grip extension with the adjustable rosettes is one of the best bits of this kit. Along with the shoulder mount the hand grip extension makes the camera feel much more like a normal ENG style rig. As for value for money... very happy! Just waiting to see their upcoming bridgeplate and rail kit.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Neil McClure November 19th, 2012 04:23 PM

This may be a silly question but will this work with the FS100 as well?

Justin Molush November 19th, 2012 05:27 PM

Im curious as the the handle that is shown in the shots...

Is that a functional servo style rocker zoom handle that is attached to that 24-70 or is that mounted just for show/balance/eng style handling?

Chris Medico November 19th, 2012 06:23 PM

That is the handle that comes stock with the FS700.

Bill Kerrigan November 20th, 2012 07:42 AM

Wonderful design!
Looks very well balanced…

How does the EVF bracket attach to the FS700 top handle?
Doesn't the cold shoe on the handle get in the way?

http://fs700user.com

Olof Ekbergh November 24th, 2012 01:34 PM

Bill, the EVF mount sits on top off the handle, and you remove the shoe mount that came with the camera. Then there is a flat surface. There is another shoe mount on top of my EVF mount that is in the same place and more rugged than the original, it also has a locking screw.

BTW, I just finished my 15mm rail mount system that works with this kit, and the first batch is back from the anodizer so it is in stock.

I also have batteries from Swit in stock, that run the AF700 and AF100 and they also have a power tap that can run an EVF, more about that soon. And I have custom cables for them as well.

I will make a new post about it momentarily.