fs700 in a multicamera shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

fs700 in a multicamera shoot

Hi
I am looking to use the fs700 for an upcoming multi camera event. It will accompany 3 Sony ex3's going to a black magic atem 1me switcher. Was wondering if the fs 700 SDI outputs a 1920x1080 60i image so the switcher recognizes it. Also looking for any other advice concerning mixing a fs700 with ex3's. I am aware of the difference in depth of field. Also wanted to know if anyone has used the fs 700 with lens kit in a conference shoot with the camera about 30 feet away from the podium. Wanted to know the capability of the lens.
Thanks
Mohammad Farooqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: fs700 in a multicamera shoot

I've used both FS100 and FS700 with EX1s on conference shoots. FS700 was the better picture match.

However, I preferred using the FS700 as a locked off wide/reverse angle rather than the 'hero' camera. I thought it did a far better job with the wide angle (EX1/3 has significant 'droop' distortion), and I didn't feel the need to fit an extra viewfinder or monitor (the main camera usually being above head height therefore rendering the top panel useless).

Whilst the kit lens at f8 provided slightly shallower DoF than the EX1's kit lens at f2.8, the kit lens's reach isn't quite as good as the EX1/3 'kit lens' - though the face focus is a boon.

I haven't done switched feeds with EX1/FS700 yet - mainly because the simplicity and flexibility of ISO recording and editing via multicam was why the EX1s and FS700 setup was used in the first place. We get suspiciously close to trying to match/rack cameras, and then you're into tally systems and talkback, and at that point you roll out the serious kit. However, I've pumped a few feeds out and, although admittedly in PAL land, the FS700 does a good 1080i50.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: fs700 in a multicamera shoot

Thanks for the info
Mohammad Farooqi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta