DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   Mac won't see 50p and Timelapse clips from FS700 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/513982-mac-wont-see-50p-timelapse-clips-fs700.html)

Neville Hayes February 1st, 2013 08:43 PM

Mac won't see 50p and Timelapse clips from FS700

Hi ya all my first time here so thanks for everyone who helps out here.
I just got a 700 and like you all just love it, i film tourism and love that i can change lenses, travel between NTSC and Pal, Slo mo of course which is great for my waterfall , bees on flowers and also aerial shots as it smooths things out in bouncy choppers as i use a cattle chopper which is small, but more motion then the bigger Bell,s etc.

You see if i use super slo mo at any speed it is seen by my macro tower no worries, ....but if i use the s&q at 50p they are not seen i.e.: all other clips show up on import with final cut x or iMovie but not the 50p or timelapse clips. I tried importing from the SD10 cards also from the FMU but no luck there. Could it be the computers problem it,s details are 2 by 2.8 Ghz Quad core, 14 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 FB DIMM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB, Lion 10.7.5

Thanks for your input and great to be on the forum, Nevill the Devill.

Christopher Young February 3rd, 2013 04:49 AM

re: Mac won't see 50p and Timelapse clips from FS700

All speeds and framerates seen on PC with Sony Vegas software here so maybe it's a Mac thing, codecs maybe?

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Alister Chapman February 4th, 2013 10:55 AM

No problem here with S&Q clips on an of my Mac's using Premiere CS6.

Matt Davis February 4th, 2013 12:30 PM

You might like ClipWrap: ClipWrap: Easy AVCHD and HDV conversion for the Mac

OTOH, you may wish to upgrade FCPX to the latest version.

I've had no problem with S&Q and 50p with 10.0.6 and up (currently on 10.0.7).

Neville Hayes February 8th, 2013 10:28 PM

Hi Matt thanks for your help i updated both my op system and also to the latest FCPX but no luck , Yet. I movie won,t see those clips either. Thanks for the tip on Clipstar but my problem is i can,t even get the clips to be seen by my computer so it,s not a reading problem but a seeing problem. I can live without 50p if needed but it would be good for chopper work and timelapse would be nice rather then filming for 60 mins etc then playing in fast forward.

Neville Hayes February 26th, 2013 07:51 PM

Still no solutions for this problem any more help?

Alister Chapman March 7th, 2013 12:24 PM

No idea why your not seeing the clips, the vast majority have no problems so it's probably an issue with the way your system is set up.

Neville Hayes March 9th, 2013 06:18 PM

Yes Allister that crossed my mind, settings on the camera you mean I guess or on the computer.

Neville Hayes March 13th, 2013 04:30 AM

Re: Mac won't see 50p and Timelapse clips from FS700

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1783042)
No idea why your not seeing the clips, the vast majority have no problems so it's probably an issue with the way your system is set up.

Hi Alistar I am checking settings on my 700 firstly I am in a pal country so 50i and in format settings page 42 in the manual there is two similiar choices FX or FH etc all referring to the bit rate in Mbps currently I am set on FX but I think by default it was FH ill try a shot tomorrow and see if this helps.