Lens question AGAIN! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old April 18th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Lens question AGAIN!

Thanks for all your help - I went for the same setup as Wilf - Tamron 24-70, Samyang 35mm f1.5 & Samyang 14mm. It now feels like I can actually use the camera creatively. With one exception... when taking a wide on any of the lenes, the background looks out of focus. I'm wondering if I have a back focus problem or if there is an issue with the speedbooster. I was filming in Paris a few weeks back, got a wide shot of the Eiffel Tower in the distance and I couldn't seem to get a sharp image of the tower. Closeups are fine - and using the kit lens is fine. ANy thoughts?
Ian Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Lens question AGAIN!

Is the kit lens (or the new servo lens) at least as capable in lowlight as the EX1r? With the FS 700 at say at 12db of gain? I never use the EX1r a higher levels than 6db.
Mervin Langley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta