FS700 & PIX240 warning... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FS700 & PIX240 warning...

After updating to the ver. 3 PIX firmware, I had problem with my PIX240 stopping then starting again during a take.
Ver. 3.1 is supposed to fix the problem.

http://www.kerrigan.ca
Bill Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: FS700 & PIX240 warning...

This is the first I have heard of this. I have done at least 3 days since I updated to 3 with no issues.
Mark Bolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Major Player

I can verify that we were experiencing similar problems. One of the companies I shoot for has two FS-700's, each with a PIX240, and we started experiencing the problem in January. Sometimes when recording the record light would blink off momentarily and the Pix would create a new file - but we would lose a few frames between files. It was happening randomly, but was very annoying. Sometimes would be fine for an hour of recording, but sometimes could have more than a dozen discontinuities in a 5 minute clip. We did quite a bit of troubleshooting, but in the end sent the two PIX's to Sound Devices. A few days ago they indicated that they were able to replicate the problem there and that it seemed to be a firmware issue... We're waiting to get the units back from them for testing with the updated firmware.
We originally thought that it might have been an issue tied to our unusual recording configuration - We would trigger recording from camera timecode, but use external code to keep the two recorders syncronized.(PIXs would be on jam-synced free run, while cameras were on record run code.)
Hopefully the latest firmware will remedy the problem.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I just updated my PIX to firmware 3.01 this morning but won't have time to do any real testing till this weekend.

I can confirm that with the FS700 set to trigger on timecode the until will randomly start and stop. If you press REC on the recorder itself it will record till it runs out of space with no gaps. It is only an issue when using timecode run to trigger recording.
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I just tried ver. 3.0.1 and the problem seems to be been solved.

Bill Kerrigan
DOP
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
http://www.kerrigan.ca
Bill Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Great to hear that Bill. Thanks for the update.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta