Menu works, but not camera info to 7" monitor...fix? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old March 29th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Menu works, but not camera info to 7" monitor...fix?

Wondered if anyone knows how to get the FS700's display data, ie, iris, shutter speed, etc, (a mirror copy of the screen info) to display on my ikan D7 7" monitor through cinecoil bnc, HDSDI cable?

It does display all menus, in fact when I press the menu button, for a fraction of a second it actually flashes the entire data display with the info on my FS700's screen, but then it simply flashes off and brings up whatever menu I've chosen...

Anyone know how to get this 700 to output entire camera settings info display to my 7"?

Thanks
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Menu works, but not camera info to 7" monitor...fix?

Hi Kent I had same problem took me ages to suss it.Go into menu DISPLAY SET. scroll down to DISPLAY OUTPUT set it to ALL OUTPUT But the final bit took my forever to suss YOU MUST TURN OFF CENTRE MARKER ON CAMERA when you do you will get all your information on your monitor. Thanks Wilf.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks greatly, that did the trick, really appreciate it...now I wish there was a way to also show the 2:35:1 marker on the 7" ikan monitor...but I guess that can't happen right, since MARKER has to be turned off?

Also, really would love to know if there's a way to see the action in the 7" as I'm shooting in super slomo - currently it doesn't appear to output from FS700 as I'm shooting...kinda awful since was hoping to use 7" monitor to view my shots live as I shoot them, even in slo mo....any suggestions?
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Kent i use a Zacuto monitor which has a centre marker of its own so that solves that problem. You can't see slow mo in real time because it has to buffer it. Personaly i think it can be a problem especialy when you shoot weddings. Sonareo bride and groom come out of church confetty gets thrown you film it in slow mo While its recording something important happens and you miss it because its recording to camera do you chance it or not.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks again for the help - I might check out that Zacuto monitor as well.
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

My partner tells me what the hell is that contraption . Its solveing the problems that i like. If i can help anybody i will Thanks Wilf
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta