Please help Speedbooster still not working after service ans firmware upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old August 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Please help Speedbooster still not working after service ans firmware upgrade

I sent out both my Speedbooster and Smart adapter to Hong Kong to be serviced and for firmware upgrade. After waiting two weeks and spending $130 round trip via Fedex the adapters were delivered today. The smart adapter firmware has been updated from version 10 to 28 it works fine with all my Canon Lenses. The Speedbooster version 23 was updated to 28 as well but still doesn't work with any of my lenses. I had previously posted about my speedbooster problem on another thread. (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...it-damage.html). Long story short at this point I have no idea what's going on. I don't know if the adapter is damaged beyond repair or worse if my FS700 is damaged. I don't think it's the camera because I tested the smart adapter and it works fine with all my Canon lenses (24m,100 macro, 100-300m) At one point it worked for a few seconds I was able to manually make changes with the iris but then it stopped. When I mounted my Canon 100m Macro lens for the first time it I heard a strange sound not sure if it was coming from the camera or the lens. I don't even know if the version update is right since it matches the new smart adapter firmware upgrade they both have the same version upgrade # 28. I'm thinking of renting a Speedbooster adapter to see if it works but i'm afraid of damaging another adapter or maybe find someone who can let me try out my speedbooster adapter on their FS700 but damaging someone else's camera would be worse. I don't know if I should send in my Sony FS700 and have it checked out but I don't think it's the camera although I'm not sure. I haven't contacted Metabones tech support yet. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta