Shooting fs700 tips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old October 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Major Player

Shooting fs700 tips

Hey guys!
So I'm officially shooting fs700 for the first time Wednesday, I'm picking up the camera tomorrow morning to give myself 24 hours to play with it/get a good feel for it. I've found there arent many good quick run downs/menu simulator type things online, so I was wondering if you guys had any tips/tricks to get me up and running. The goal Wednesday is to shoot longboarding at 240fps. It's a very chill shoot, so we can deal with buffer times and whatnot. I'll be using a dp6, and would like to crop to 2.35 in post. Are there any issues with the dp6 and fs700? I've only used the dp6 with 5diiis before. Any optimal settings/etc?

Anyway, I just thought I'd pop in and ask your wisdom. Oh: Do you transcode your footage? Editing in Premiere. AND: What's the best PP to use? Would like it to be pretty flat.
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Shooting fs700 tips

What firmware are you running? If slog2 is available you may want to use that, but otherwise if that's not available I'm a fan of CINE4 since it has the most highlight range.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta