Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old November 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...

I have these brackets in stock, a lot more than I have 7Q's.

Anyway this is my solution for the mounting of the 7Q or any heavier monitor.

The price is $225.00, if you already have my 15 mm based EVF holder then the additional monitor mounting parts are $125.00. They will be on the store later today. I will then post a direct link.

The Odyssey needs a very sturdy mount IMHO, because it takes quite a bit of force to insert/remove the SSD's.

The other big plus with my system is it will stay level with the horizon when perpendicular to the lens. As you can see in the 25 photos in the link below, it can be used in many different places, especially if you use it with my shoulder kit for the FS700. Yes it can even be used on the shoulder see photos.

OdysseyBracket - Page 1

So here is my solution, there are more photos in the link above.
Attached Thumbnails
Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket1.jpg   Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket3.jpg  

Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket4.jpg   Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket10.jpg  

Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket13.jpg   Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket21.jpg  

Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket23.jpg   Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...-o7qbracket25.jpg  

Old November 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Odyssey mounting bracket for the FS700 in stock now...

Originally CD told us that there would be a battery mounting plate on the rear of the 7Q for popular batteries like the Sony NP970 series.

As of late we still have not seen a mounting plate, and I was worried they would revert to requiring people have a large, heavy v-mount battery supply staged on rails bulking everything further. It looks like that is what has happened from your photos. Not pleased about that.

How does your bracket work for those with systems like the Lanparte, Movcam, etc?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta