Odyssey7Q will record FS700 4K RAW soon at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old February 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Odyssey7Q will record FS700 4K RAW soon

Dear Friends,

Our Odyssey7Q will soon be able to record 4K Raw from the Sony FS700.

Please refer to the post in Industry News

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-...ouncement.html
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Odyssey7Q will record FS700 4K RAW soon

This is absolutely fantastic news! The FS700 and Odyssey 7Q combination will be a serious and cost effective rival to most of the other competitors on the market, even those that cost two or three times the price. A must have tool for any low budget indie filmmaker. I'm so glad my 7Q arrived today as demand will no doubt mushroom over the coming months.

A huge thanks to Dan, Mitch, and all at Convergent Design and Sony for making this happen. Can't wait to start filming and grading that beautiful 4K image.
Kieran Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Please remember you can see the FS700 and the Odyssey 7Q in action and ask the engineers all the technical questions you want at in Portland on February 26th. Visit the site for more info Production Cameras, Camera Accessories | Portland, OR | Shows
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #4
New Boot

Kieran and others are on target with this combination.
I've been shooting the Odyssey 7Q with the FS700 for a month now. I'm quite optimistic about the results but because I am still on the road for another 5 days - I've yet to see the results.

One caution is obvious. Once we begin to film in 4k - any DP will know- that We Need to See in as high a resolution to what we are shooting as is possible.

I have an idea for an adaptation of an existing viewfinder, Anyone out there want to help me create a killer viewfinder???

I shot a ton of 2k at 240 fps over the last week and am hopeful. We will down load and grade this beginning on the 28th in Austin . So I'll report back soon afterwards. Be aware that I will not be able to post any video clips until later. However, we have made arrangements and some of our clips will be shown at NAB this spring. I'll be able to release all of that information soon.

Sincerely,

Tim Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
After 23 years - still a New Boot=- ? ;)
Timothy R. Barksdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta