Baseball in Slow Motion: 1st clips w/ FS700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old April 16th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #1
New Boot

Baseball in Slow Motion: 1st clips w/ FS700

First of all, many thanks to Chris for creating/maintaining this outstanding forum. I've been reading for awhile and finally registered after taking the plunge on an FS700.

Several years ago I started a YouTube channel called Baseball in Slow Motion using a Fastec Imaging "SportsCam", and then quickly changed over to a Casio EX F1, however, the low resolution of those cameras always bothered me.

When full HD @ 240fps became available via the FS700 I saved for awhile and took the plunge...woof! What a difference! Last weekend I took some high-speed vid at a local college baseball game (all @ 240 fps, 1080/60p, shutter-speeds varying between 1.5K - 3K)...after shooting I hooked the camera output to my 42" LCD TV monitor and WOW!!! Even my first crude experiments with the FS700 absolutely knocked my socks off!

Here is an example on the YouTube channel (note: You may need to manually change your YouTube view window to 1080 definition and watch in "full screen mode"....)

I've already learned something valuable from a thread started by Tim Davison last year--i.e., the shutter settings I was using were probably too fast for really smooth looking playback of fast events like a bat-swing or a baseball pitch. Thus, if you freeze-frame the video clip above the image is very sharp...but in play-back that actually leads to a noticeable "strobe-like" effect from the bat.

Anyway, just another newbie but glad to be here!
Lee Flippin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta