nex 700 with fujinon lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:44 PM   #1
New Boot

nex 700 with fujinon lens

Hi guys, i'm about to buy a camera and my first choice goes with sony nex 700, but i have several canon dslr lens and 2 ENG lens, one fujinon and one canon kt 14.4 that i use with my JVC PROHD 700, can i use them with the sony camera just changing the adaptor, will the zoom of the ENG lens work normaly, what adaptor should i by?

Thank you people
Best regards and happy new year
Luis Santos
Luis Ventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:44 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: nex 700 with fujinon lens

If you mean the NEX FS700 then yes you can use a B4 lens with an adapter but it will have to be a 2/3" lens with a 2 x doubler. Check out Alistair Chapman's video here:

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you Chris i will check on that.

Best regards
Luís
Luis Ventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:20 AM   #4
Trustee

If you want to have a look at what an MTF B4 adapter can do check out my first test with one on an FS700.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Major Player

I have a Canon lens on my FS700. It is SD glass, but is pretty sharp at ~F6 and higher. I have the lens' 2x doubler engaged. It is attached to a B4->EF adapter, then to a Kenko 1.4x tele-extender to prevent vignetting, and finally to a Metabones EF->Sony E Smart adapter functioning only as a 'dumb' adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
nex 700 with fujinon lens-full-rig1.jpg   nex 700 with fujinon lens-full-rig7.jpg  

nex 700 with fujinon lens-rig2.jpg  
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:56 AM   #6
Inner Circle

The OP mentioned JVC GM700 lenses. Are you using them on the GM700 with crop factor for your sensor? (AKA are you using true 2/3'' lenses?) If there's no crop factor and they were designed for your GM700, it will not work. At full wide, there won't be enough coverage to cover the entire sensor compared to a 2/3'' lens.

Mind giving the specifics of both lenses? The one that came with your GM700 probably will not work for this purpose.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta