FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old October 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander

I contacted B&H this morning and asked if Sony RM1BP Remote Commander can be used with Sony FS-700. The answer was NO, but when I contacted the Sony technical support the answer was YES. That makes it confusing. It would be nice if the LANC controller would work with this camera. I understand that zooming will not be possible but I only interested in starting and stopping trigger at this point. If it does works, then you can attached the remote control to your shoulder mount rig handle and operate the camera with the minimum impact on your wallet. Has anyone attempted to test something like this?
Inna Lantsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

Re: FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander

The handle on the 700 is a lanc controller. You can simply get or make an extension chord for it and mount a rosette on your shoulder rig to mount the handle.

I sell just the rosettes and also handle extensions just for this purpose.

I will also be making wooden handles for the 700 in the near future, that can control the camera. I will be "decoding" the different buttons on the handle. This is usually pretty simple just varying the resistance on the pins will cause different action by the camera.

The rosettes and handle extensions are available here:
Sony FS700
Attached Thumbnails
FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-fs700handleext-1.jpg  
Attached Images

Old October 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You are bringing very interesting question Mr. Ekbergh.

I have TILTA rig which already has a rosette but it is not an Arri standard rosette but a smaller. What would be actually cool is to have an adapter rosette that would go from TILTA to the one that you are manufacturing, that would help relocating the Sony's handle.

The second options would be to use already provided opening on the metal and install your rosette that way.
Just something to think about. Obviously cable extension will be used. I am attaching couple of images for your review. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-bmg_2348.jpg   FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-bmg_2350.jpg  

FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-bmg_2355.jpg   FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-bmg_2352.jpg  

Inna Lantsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have the Manfrotto LANC remote. I used originally with another camera and tried it with the FS700, it does trigger record and may do more, although I don't have the kit lens so zoom and focus functions are disabled.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/816009-REG/Manfrotto_MVR901EPLA_RC_Pan_Bar_EX.html
Mine is an older model than the one linked.
Will Salley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Sponsor: Westside AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inna Lantsman View Post
You are bringing very interesting question Mr. Ekbergh.

I have TILTA rig which already has a rosette but it is not an Arri standard rosette but a smaller. What would be actually cool is to have an adapter rosette that would go from TILTA to the one that you are manufacturing, that would help relocating the Sony's handle.

The second options would be to use already provided opening on the metal and install your rosette that way.
Just something to think about. Obviously cable extension will be used. I am attaching couple of images for your review. What do you think?
Here are the screw hole dimensions on my rosettes in inches. These interface perfectly with the 700 handle. There are 60 grooves or one every 6 degrees. These are center to center dimensions. Use calipers to check your centers.

If the screw hole centers are the same you could simply switch rosettes. My counter sink is for m3 screws, this is easy to change though.

I make a few other rosettes as well, but these are the right ones for the 700.

You can contact me directly and we can Skype if you need more info. BTW call me Olof the Mr. thing makes me feel old.
Attached Thumbnails
FS-700 with RM1BP Remote Commander-screen-shot-2012-10-11-9.04.42-pm.png  
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I'll be checking it out in the next few days and will let you know. Thanks a lot.
Inna Lantsman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta