Error code E:62:10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 4th, 2015, 06:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Error code E:62:10

Hi,
since 2 weeks I own now a PXW-X70 and the first tests looked really good. (also because of some settings I found in this forum - thanks for that).

Today morning everything worked perfect and after lunch I get now the Error Code E.62:10.

Nothing happened in between. The camera has already Firmware Versiion 2.0.

My Seller tries to find out how to solve the issue because all known resets did not work. I informed in the meanwhile also the Primesupport - but I do not expect an answer in the next days :-(
Also all phone numbers are not reachable (Europe)

probably somebody of you has a good idea or had this issue already with this cam.

Mike
Michael Gradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #2
Tourist

Re: Error code E:62:10

I get this same error on my quite new Sony FDR-AX100. This error relates to focusing and stabilization. It could be caused by several things, but the error code isn't all that specific. In my camera, I have determined that the failure is that all aspects of image stabilization stop working. Both the optical image stabilization as well as the digital image stabilization functions are failing when this error code is flashing.

Sadly, this error is intermittent on my camera so I'm not sure how a technician is going to be able to repair it! When it stops flashing, after a few days, image stabilization goes back to working again. When the error code returns after a few more days (even when just sitting in the camera bag, it can come and go when I check it), optical and digital image stabilization return to being non-functional.
Douglas R Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 12:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Douglas is correct. This problem has to do with the focus/image stabilization assembly of the lens block. When we receive a camcorder in for repair for this issue the first thing that we check is all optical block connections and do an inspection of the lens. If that checks out then the problem is with the lens (optical block assembly) and it would need to be replaced. After replacing the lens, the camcorder will need to be properly aligned to enable the optical drive circuits to control the new lens optimally. This includes focus, iris, stabilization and other aspects. If the alignments are not performed, you will have major performance issues with the new lens.
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #4
Inner Circle

If it is desperate and you cannot get it fixed right now, try placing the camera in a comfortably warm place with the lens facing directly downwards for about two hours and in future store the camera in this position.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Bob is this a good idea even if you have no problems?
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:14 PM   #6
Inner Circle

QUOTE: "Bob is this a good idea even if you have no problems?"

On balance, it probably is not. In modern digital cams with solid state memory and file-based recording, about the only dynamic components remaining are the switches themselves, lens controls, lens servos and the fluid prism which optically compensates for physical movement off the optical axis.

No matter how slight, the fluid prism's flexible components and seals must feel the effects of gravity. In storage over time they may aquire a shape memory which with ageing may harden in position. It might then require the electro-mechanical drive to work harder to shift it.

Most cameras I have dealt with have cared less about which way I stored them. However the EX1 used to pick up an edge of frame because of the tighter optical path through the lens. During our summer, I put the camera to sleep on its side opposite the direction the edge had crept in from and the issue went away. Don't forget, that the image goes to the sensor rotated 180 degrees.

These days, I don't let it sleep to long in one position and it's been fine. I don't think storage nose-down is going to do any harm and might help the servo components inside the lens as well because the moving optical groups inside are heavy pieces.

This of course is pure witch-doctory on my part with no basis in proven engineering or scientific fact.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds