Sony introduces HDR-CX700v 1080p60 camcorder - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #181
Major Player

HDR-CX700v with NP-FV100 battery

I have been using the small standard battery in my CX700. I had purchased 2 larger NP-FV100 batteries which are stated to be supported on the CX700 and all the other same type Sony cameras. But when I place either battery in the Camera and plug it in to charge, the yellow charge light starts flashing which I believe says there is an issue. If I take the batteries and put them into my external BC-TRV battery charger, the batteries charge completely with no issue. If I put them in the camera they play fine. But, it seems they will not charge correctly in the camera. I have tried in other Sony cameras, off of which say they support the battery and have the same issue.

So, any ideas how to fix since I am wanting to give these to other family members and they need to be able to charge via the camera.

Thanks
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #182
Inner Circle

Re: Sony introduces HDR-CX700v 1080p60 camcorder

My Sony NP-FV100 battery charges correctly in my CX700, XR500 or SR11 though I never do this as I too have the wall charger. Just checked in all three to make sure my memory was correct. Manual says that if light is flashing then several issues may exist. Battery is not connected properly, battery is too hot or too cold are the more likely choices. I assume this is a genuine Sony battery? If they are not Sony batteries that may be the issue. Charging this size of battery in the camcorder will take a long time though. Its a big battery may take all day.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #183
Inner Circle

The first question is what was the source of the batteries? Knockoffs can look VERY "genuine", but can be less that 100% compatible.

They might charge fine in say a BC-TRV wall charger that has less sophisticated "chips", but fail in a camera which often has a more sophisticated "lockout" function to prevent knockoffs and third party batteries from being used/damaging the camera/giving less satisfactory user experience...

After you charge the battery and attach to the camera, have you tried using the camera for a while - sometimes a knockoff will work OK for a while then give a non compatible battery warning and shut down...

As you may know, Sony is a bit more agressive with the electronic "lockout" of third party and knockoff products, they are constantly battling knockoffs of "sony" memory and battery products (perhaps 90%+ of which on eBay for example are FAKES!). I have some FW series knockoffs that worked OK in an older Sony A-series, but won't work in a more recent NEX, just to give one example.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #184
Major Player

From everything I see, the packaging, markings on the battery, etc. they are original Sony batteries.

I did put the battery in my camera today and used for a while. Once it did shut down which I thought was weird. Turned back on and was fine. The bottom of the battery has a normal Sony sticker so I have no reason to believe it is not real. How not, how would I tell?
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #185
Inner Circle

Did you buy it from Sony ? If it cost a lot less than a genuine battery ( about $159 list, B&H $95 ) it is likely a fake.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #186
Major Player

I bought via Amazon who had a another party. I spend 90 bucks each so not cheap But reading reviews on the seller, if looks like they are a fraud. At least they charge in an external charger and seem to work most of the time but .. I am going to try and return, even though it has been 2 years. Will see how good Amazon is about this stuff of fakes.
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders