DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-rx-cybershots-cx-series-camcorders/)
-   -   RX10 & RX100II Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-rx-cybershots-cx-series-camcorders/522121-rx10-rx100ii-royal-caribbean-jewel-seas.html)

Noa Put March 8th, 2014 03:51 PM

Re: RX10 & RX100II Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

Not sure what kind of magic you pull out of your hat but your videos on vimeo are much sharper then what I upload, I know it's not done for a magician to share his tricks but hoping you can make an exception to share your workflow up until it reaches vimeo? :)

Edit: weird, my question appears before your first post on my screen :)

Dan Carter March 8th, 2014 04:02 PM

RX10 & RX100II Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean cruise. San Juan, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados.

Sony RX10 & RX100II
Benro A38TB fluid monopod
Benro S2 fluid head
P&C Pistol Grip
Polarizer
Music: Caribbean Pirates Steel Band

Kyle Root March 8th, 2014 04:31 PM

That looked really nice.

Dan Carter March 8th, 2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1835987)
Not sure what kind of magic you pull out of your hat but your videos on vimeo are much sharper then what I upload, I know it's not done for a magician to share his tricks but hoping you can make an exception to share your workflow up until it reaches vimeo? :)

Edit: weird, my question appears before your first post on my screen :)

Actually, I've always thought your projects were quite impressive Noa.

This project workflow was shoot 60p, edit native AVCHD clips in Final Cut Pro X, Share (FCPX export) as 1920x1080/30p, upload to Vimeo.

Many thanks for watching and the good words.

Dan Carter March 8th, 2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Root (Post 1835997)
That looked really nice.

Thanks for watching and commenting Kyle.

Noa Put March 9th, 2014 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Carter (Post 1836045)
This project workflow was shoot 60p, edit native AVCHD clips in Final Cut Pro X, Share (FCPX export) as 1920x1080/30p, upload to Vimeo.

Well, your video just looks very sharp, sharper then what what I seem to get, do you edit in a 30 or 60p project? When you upload to Vimeo, what is the bitrate you use?

Dan Carter March 9th, 2014 04:37 PM

Noa,

With the Somy RX10 I shoot & edit at 60p, the GH3 30p. In camera RX10 sharpening +2. FCPX eliminates the bit rate guesswork by exporting to device type (computer, Apple device, etc..). I usually export for Apple Device which is 126kbps.

Darren Levine March 9th, 2014 09:55 PM

can you believe how many people have never been on a cruise??

even after seeing footage like this :)

my first vacation to finally enjoy the rx10 on starts in 11 days. very much looking forward to it

John McCully March 10th, 2014 12:19 AM

Nice one Dan (again). Nice camera moves and you certainly know how to make plush look...lush.

I note you up the sharpening in-camera. I must give that a go as I almost invariably do so in post anyway, and it lessens the load on the perhaps already taxed codec to do it before compression, I imagine.

Cheers...

Don Bloom March 10th, 2014 05:18 AM

Dan,
As always nice work and I'm dreaming about May. My wife and I will be on Oasis for a fun fill time to celebrate our anniversary. We'll make 3 stops all of which we've been to many times before but who care...This time if I don't leave the ship I don't care. January last year we went out of San Juan on Adventurer with family (about 25 of us) and had a great time of course. My daughter is now a licensed agent (retired from her other business) is a Diamond+ on RCL and close to some big thing on Carnival. She's on RCL Independence right now and then going over to Carnival Breeze. She's been on that this year 3 weeks in a row doing some work for CCL. Nice life!.
Anyway nice work as always perhaps one day we'll meet up on board!

O|O
\--/

Dan Carter March 10th, 2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Levine (Post 1836239)
can you believe how many people have never been on a cruise??

even after seeing footage like this :)

my first vacation to finally enjoy the rx10 on starts in 11 days. very much looking forward to it

Good to hear from you Darren. After my first cruise, I was hooked...

I hope your 11 days fly by, and you and you're RX10 have a great time.

Dan Carter March 10th, 2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McCully (Post 1836255)
Nice one Dan (again). Nice camera moves and you certainly know how to make plush look...lush.

I note you up the sharpening in-camera. I must give that a go as I almost invariably do so in post anyway, and it lessens the load on the perhaps already taxed codec to do it before compression, I imagine.

Cheers...

Thanks for the kind words John. Though I shoot for minimal editing, the RX10 AVCHD codec holds up surprisingly well in post if needed.

Thanks for watching.

Dan Carter March 10th, 2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1836276)
Dan,
As always nice work and I'm dreaming about May. My wife and I will be on Oasis for a fun fill time to celebrate our anniversary. We'll make 3 stops all of which we've been to many times before but who care...This time if I don't leave the ship I don't care. January last year we went out of San Juan on Adventurer with family (about 25 of us) and had a great time of course. My daughter is now a licensed agent (retired from her other business) is a Diamond+ on RCL and close to some big thing on Carnival. She's on RCL Independence right now and then going over to Carnival Breeze. She's been on that this year 3 weeks in a row doing some work for CCL. Nice life!.
Anyway nice work as always perhaps one day we'll meet up on board!

O|O
\--/

Many thanks for the good words Don. I hope you have a great time on Oasis. It is a massive work of art...

Noa Put March 10th, 2014 04:06 PM

Thx for the in camera sharpening tip Dan, will give that a try in my next video.