Sony 30 minute limit HACKED! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old April 25th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Trustee

Sony 30 minute limit HACKED!

A first real Sony hack removes the 30min video recording limit and unlocks the language menu | sonyalpharumors

Looks like some brilliant people have created a Play Memories APP that runs on many newer Sony Cameras. The app REMOVES the 30 minute time restriction.

I have installed the APP to my A7s-II and RX10-II and both work perfectly. I made a 90minte recording this morning on My A7s-II and stopped it on my own. I'm currently on my RX10-II right now and it's running time is 2:13 minutes as I type this. (running off USB plug in)

Both camera tests were done indoors under air conditioning. No heat problems whatsoever on either camera. I'm leaving the screens unfolded and away from the body. Both camera felt mildly warm but "hot" at all.

This is a breakthough! It's quite possible that these cameras can now be used reliably for long form recording!

On the other side,....I'm sure that is something that Sony marketing must be extremely unhappy about. As many of us know, the 29 minute limitation is not just there for tax purposes, it plays a FAR more important roll of separating these cameras from the "camcorder" markets.

There is no Full Frame A7s-II "camcorder" today. but with this app installed, your A7s-I/II is one step closer now.

WOAH!........
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders