SONY RX10 mk4 bridge camera/super zoom w/1" chip 24-600mm announced - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old July 16th, 2018, 02:56 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: SONY RX10 mk4 bridge camera/super zoom w/1" chip 24-600mm announced

I didn't get an RX10 III after all as I just got a very good deal on from Wex on an open box RX10 IV plus I traded in my FZ1000. First impressions are that it seems much bigger & heavier than the RX10 II (1095g vs 849g) but it feels very similar in the hand. The EVF is fantastic. Big & bright. I think we can now say that an EVF is better than an optical viewfinder on a traditional DSLR. The zoom lens is just amazing. I've never owned a 600mm lens but the ability to zoom & frame just right anywhere from 24-600mm FF equivalent is great,

The AF is very fast & very accurate for stills & the colours & image quality is astonishing for a 1" sensor. I haven't really shot much video in earnest yet but it if it's no better than the RX10 II I'll still be happy. It does have more Log modes. I also haven't yet tried out the HFR or 24 fps burst mode stills.

I now have it getting GPS data from my iPhone but my goodness Sony have constructed such a convoluted way of setting it up but at leat it seems to work automatically & reliably. I was concerned as I found lots of forum posts from people with problems with earlier versions of the app & iOS.

I have owned the RX 10 II for three years & I have been really happy with it but now it's now pretty much redundant. It is smaller, lighter & has built in ND filters but I think that I will trade it in for an RX100 V as that's available now for only £749 after the current Sony £150 cash back deal & I can trade in the RX10 II for £500 so for £250 I would have a matching really great pocket camera that will complement the RX10 IV well.

If I were still shooting weddings I would be very tempted to standardise on Sony 1" sensor models. Lack of IBIS isn't such a big deal now with the decent cheap gimbals now available (the new DJI Ronin S looks great at £699). Multiple RX10 IIs with the unlimited recording hack could be used as locked off cameras controlled remotely from an iPhone or iPad then an RX10 IV as the main manned camera with an RX100 V on a gimbal. Low light capability is good enough for most of the weddings I ever shot & I think that I could live with that given the convenience of compact cameras with a big range motor zoom & no lens changes.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2019, 04:32 AM   #17
Trustee

Re: SONY RX10 mk4 bridge camera/super zoom w/1" chip 24-600mm announced

Hi,
Can anyone here tell me if the RX10 IV can be used in full manual mode regarding the rings?
So to explain, if I use the iris, zoom and focus rings can I zoom in and out while keeping focus that has been set on a set distance?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders