Big Sony Problem - Help needed... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old July 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Big Problem - Help needed...

I have a friend that has a DCR-PC100 and it is showing the status message (Error) C:32:10
Sony says this is a service message and can possibly be reset by pressing the reset button or powering off the cam for 15 seconds with no battery and turning it on for another 15 without the battery then connecting the power and turning it on. This failed, we need the tape out the camera NOW and it will not eject.

I was a tech at a video repair shop but that was back in the day when VHS was popular and that was the only beast besides beta that consumers were playing with. I KNOW FOR FACT that most electronic toys these days have factory hacks - such as Hold down these two buttons and turn on ect.. I tried everything sony has to offer on their site, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the tape out? I did open the cam but without a service manual I didn't get into anythign deep - just had a look around. I saw no way of manually unthreading the tape without possibly causing hard to the critical alignment of the tape guides and the rest of that delicate nightmare in there. (its a wonder these things even work in the first place lol).

Any assistance would be appreciated, I would also like to know what is recommended on sending it in for service, it was purchased a few years back at B&H without the extended warranty.

Anyone? Anyone?

--
Kevin Nardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

I personally would send it in to Sony because they know how
the camera works internally. As you've pointed out it will be
hard to get out yourself without damaging the tape and/or the
camera itself.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

sony

Who or what do you recommend I do with sony? Is there any specific number or person whom I should talk with to get it off to them. i do not want to get jerked around - "SAYS MY FRIEND" lol.

--
Kevin Nardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 03:54 AM   #4
RED Code Chef

I don't own a Sony camera, so I really don't know. Sorry about
that. You might try contacting Sony directly. They should have
a (professional) service center.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion