please help me. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old March 21st, 2004, 09:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

please help me.

Hi ewerybody.

I have a DCR-PC6 sony camcorder.
But there is a little problem.
When I play back my films, there is no sound. I have the volume up and ewerything and I have never seen this problem before. A strange thing is that when I plug in my headphones I can hear the sound perfectly.

Please give me some advice fast.

I am about to start my new documentary and it is important that my camera is okay.

Thank you very much.
Christian Hede Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 09:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

"When I play back my films, there is no sound" I am not sure what you mean as you have not said "where" there is no sound coming from. You need to describe where the sound is not coming from. Do you have sound in the camcorder while playing back the tape ?From a TV set? If not are you sure the playback sound it turned up on the camcorder ? Is the problem no sound from your editor after capturing the tape? What editing program etc. ?
KennJ
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I am sorry I did not speak clearly.

when I play back my tape on my camcorder, there is no sound, where exactly it is not coming out of I dont know... how should I there is no sound;)

My problem is that I cant hear the sound from my footage on my cam. unless I plug in my headphones in it.
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hope you guys(and girls) understand...
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Check and make sure that the volume control for the camcorder while it is in the VTR mode is not turned down. If you do not have a copy of the owners manuel you can most likely download it on-line from sony or henrys. Post if you need a link
KennJ
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have allready checked that.

-and I have a copy of the manual, but it says nothing about this kind of problem.

It is weird...It just happened in a second. Suddenly there was no sound...
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:38 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Sounds like you have a burnt circuit going to the speeker but you might try to reset the camcorder to see if it helps. use a nail or such to push in the reset button and see if it helps. As long as you can hook it to a TV and hear and see the footage that is most likely the trouble.
KennJ
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:40 PM   #8
Regular Crew

That sounds like a reason for it... I have tried to reset the cam, but it doesnt work... do you know how it can be fixed?
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:43 PM   #9
Wrangler

It might be a problem in the headphone jack, since you say it sounds OK through the phones. The headphone jack should have some contacts that disable the speaker when you plug in the phones. Perhaps this has gotten bent so that it no longer closes the speaker circuit when the headphone jack is removed. You might try wiggling the headphone plug around a bit (GENTLY!) and see if that does anything.

Or it could be another problem in the speaker/amplifier. Really no way for us to know at a distance. Unfortunately I don't think you will find many people around here with experience using that model camera since you're posting your question to a forum for the PDX-10 and TRV-950 which are higher end 3 chip camcorders.

Does the "line out" audio still work? How about when you connect the camera to your computer via firewire? If all these other things still work then the camera will be pretty much functional, you could always buy a cheap powered speaker and plug it into the headphone jack if you need to monitor out loud. Otherwise you will probably have to "bite the bullet" and take it somewhere for repairs. Is it still under warranty?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Yes it all works...

I think you guys are right about that speaker... Well if you suddenly come up with some sort of solution please write back...

Thanks for the help:)
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:38 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Sounds like, bottom line is that you will simply need to plug in the camcorder to hear it unless you are willing to spend several hundred bucks on the problem(out of warrenty cost) a sum it is simply not worth spending under the circumstances you describe.
Short of opening up the case and fixing the problem you will need to adjust to it.Boyds' suggestion of a small exterior speeker sounds reasonable cost to results wise.
KennJ
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Yeah I know...It is okay..I had the camera for a long time now...

I am actually only using it for documentary films and small projects... On shortfilms and features I borrow a (free:) Pd-150...

But thanks guys...
Old March 22nd, 2004, 01:45 AM   #13
Inner Circle

I go along with Boyd. Sounds suspiciously like the 1/8" stereo headphone socket has failed open circuit. Should be an easy fix.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion