Getting to XLR set in Menu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Getting to XLR set in Menu

I just bought my PDX10 and am going through the manual. In the chapter on adjusting the audio manually, it says you can adjust both Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 separately or at the same time, by going to the Menu -> XLR Set (under the tape looking icon). When I go there, I see "XLR Set" but it is grey-ed out and cannot be selected. I can adjust the Mic Level manually, but it will only adjust both 1 & 2 at the same time.

Anyone know why my "XLR Set" is grey? How can I access this function?
Tom Greever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:06 PM   #2
Contributor

Make sure that the XLR adapter's connector is properly seated.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:53 PM   #3
Wrangler

Ignacio is correct. The "hot shoe" connection is probably not fully seated. You need to push it surprisingly (alarmingly?) hard to engage. If the menu item is gray then the camera is not recoginzing the XLR box.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, that was the problem. I'm surprised at how much force I had to use to get it into place fully. It was so close and even looked like it was locked in. Anyway, thanks for the easy tip. Sorry for asking such a lame question. Now I'll always know!
Tom Greever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #5
Contributor

> Sorry for asking such a lame question.

Oh please never hesitate to ask. There are no such things as stupid questions here... only some stupid answers, for several of which I have been responsible :-)
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #6
New Boot

I always thought my XLR microphone was faulty until I read this thread. I pushed the connector further back and there was a 'click' and hey presto, the XLR microphone works and obviously gives much better sound.
Many thanks for this thread.
Peter Rowlands is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion