Power "sleep" mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Power "sleep" mode

My PDX10 stays on continuously and so drains the battery if left on "Camera" for extended periods.
My previous camera was the V900 which went into "Sleep" mode after 5 minutes but could be 'woken up' by pressing the "Stop/Start" button.
I have scoured the manual and the menus on the camera but have been unable to see how to activate an "Auto sleep" mode after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Any help would be appreciated as I am using the PDX10 remotely without physical access to the "On/Off" switch.
Peter Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have the same experience and question. Looking forward to hearing the solution, if there is one.

I have drained several batteries by accidently switching the camera to on while storing it in my dry box.

pdx10, EOS10D
Steve Roffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM   #3
Contributor

I have a cheap Sony tripod that has a LANC remote control that can power the camera on and of, control zoom and recording. It uses a cable that I think could be very easily extended.

I try to store the camera without the battery lately to keep that other problem from happening.
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #4
Regular Crew

It does power the head down after 5 mins though doesn't it? I assume that would save most of the power being used.
Pat Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:05 AM   #5
New Boot

Unfortunately not. The mono viewfinder stays on all the time and the battery runs down almost in real time.
I have actually solved the problem by fitting a mechanical on/off switch to the underwater housing in which i use the PDX10.
Many thanks for your input
Peter Rowlands is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion