dcr-pc350 ? Any info ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old August 25th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Major Player

dcr-pc350 ? Any info ?

Another thread on another camera perked up my interest in this camera so I went to sony and had a question- there's a sony remote that requires lanc listed on the accessories but it doesn't mention lanc in the specs ( neither does it mention 16:9 or progressive )- do all sony cameras have it ? I'd love to hear some rumors about footage - yes I've read ci but there doesn't seem to be any prerelease info- maybe sony did some tweaking since then ! thanks
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Major Player

I just got a 350 (PAL) which I purchased in Tokyo, I will be posting some detailed info after I recover from jet lag

in short the 350 has the LANC socket under a flap behing the focus button on the right side of camera

the 350 has 1/3 chip CCD - has the color saturation of a 3 chipper and is about the size of a pocket dictionary

the PAL version has true 25p progressive scan , true 16:9 which has a wider view than even photo mode!, has a host of pro tweaking features like custom preset and exposure control and uses 2 milllion pixel for video and 3 million pixel for photo mode, has very low color noise in normal light and is 5 lux low light.

the Sony building (Ginza) where I got it has an advertising hoarding about 60 feet down the side of the building and the 350 is the hottest selling camera in Japan at the moment

did I tell you I got one? - well I'll believe it myself when I wake up and realise I wasn't dreaming

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #3
Major Player

congratulations John- if that's true - 25p - then you'll be the most anticipated poster on the forum ( in my mind anyway )!- please give us your impressions as soon as possible and maybe some frame grabs - have fun and thanks for the reply
ps - what do you guys think ? Can we try to give this little camera a shot ?
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:36 PM   #4
Wrangler

John, I'm with Kurth on that I'd really like to hear more about your PC350. A frame grab or three would really be great!

I see you mention color saturation. Did you mean color accuracy and if so do you know if this single chipper is using any type of RGB filter like Canon does.

Thanks in advance.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #5
Wrangler

And please, if you have some time, include some low light tests.

Thank you!
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion