Trip to Japan at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old January 30th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Trip to Japan

I'm planning a trip to Japan in the summer and have a TRV900 that I intend to bring along. I'm debating whether I should purchase a PDX10 to take instead of the 900. Now I know the PDX10 has not as capable in low light situations as the 900 but would I get a better picture? Anyone use a PDX10 in Japan? How are the night shots? I'd also like to be able to use the PDX10 in situations where I want the best image possible but where I need to have a small camera so as not to attract to much attention. Any advice? Suggestions?
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:31 AM   #2
Wrangler

I think the main thing the PDX-10 will have going for it vs. your TRV-900 is the high quality 16:9. It can also take 1152x864 still photos, if that's of any value to you (I never use that feature myself). Of course you would also have the XLR block and mono mike (all of which can be removed to reduce size and weight) and DVCAM recording. But it you just want to shoot 4:3 video, and you want to work outside at night, then you'll probably be better served with the TRV-900.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion