Dropped both of the cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old June 28th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Dropped both of the cameras

At two different times last night both of the cameras were dropped. Once by my colleague and later by myself.

No problem when he dropped his but the tape door was open when mine fell and it fell on it.

At first it wouldn't close at all but I soon noticed that the latch had been punched into the camera body a bit. After mashing it back through by applying pressure on the back side of the door it popped back into place and all is well.

Goofy! Gotta lay off the sauce! We were screening what we shot and I was all transmogrified by Jim Beam. Had the camera cable wrapped around my foot as I walked away from the projector...
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Major Player

WOW....that's almost funny, yet scary at the same time!

I dropped my PDX10 on my first day of shooting (tripod blew over in heavy gusting winds). I felt like a COMPLETE idiot. Thankfully, mine landed on the giant rubber nose and mic, and then layed over on the tripod handle, so nothing significant was hurt, beyond a minor scratch or two. But I've been REALLY careful ever since. And certainly I've avoided the sauce while near my cam! LOL!

Well, at least your cam is alright! :-)
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Well I was feeling all smug towards my friend for dropping his and then I end up besting his attempts at destruction. We should change our production name to something more fitting...
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #4
Major Player

That's Exactly Why We Can't Have Nice Things!!! :)

RB
Old June 28th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #5
Wrangler

If Rick's production name is too long for you, maybe you could go with

Off The Beam*

Great story; thanks for the entertainment!

*off the beam: aviation term for not following the direction of a guiding beam. Sort of a contradiction in your case. :)

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; June 28th, 2005 at 11:33 PM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion