What camera case do you use? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old September 8th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #1
Major Player

What camera case do you use?

Recently my girlfriends ex-boyfriend trashed my appartment and stole my PDX-10 and camera case among other things. Most of the stolen items were recovered by the police the same day at a local pawn shop. However my camera case is still missing, so it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one. I am wondering what everyone here recomends?
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:07 AM   #2
Wrangler

What exactly are you looking for? I have a cheap Lowepro (think the model is a Vidcam 6?) which fits it very nicely, along with accessories. You have to remove the xlr and mike, but that would probably be the case with any smaller bag.

You could move up to a Kata for a little more protection, or even a hard case. What sort of price range do you want, and what are your expectations?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I use a 'James Bond' diamond plated case, it also converts into a mini-vehicle complete with rockets and ejection seat.
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #4
Major Player

The "James Bond" case sounds nice, however I fear it may be a little out of my price range. I want something that is easy to slip the camera in and out of, and will be able to hold the camera with the XLR adapter and mic on it, as well as with the large lense hood and large battery attatched. I would like to keep the price around $100, but suppose I could push it up to $200 if I have to.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

case

i have had 2 pdx10s

the first one i had the bundle from b&h the sony bag it was great

the second had the another case advertised by b&h for around $70 it is also good

the 1st bag has extra carrying spaces

the second does not

both hold the camera with xlr adapter and 2 x lens
Damien Greaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Adam, pardon my attempts at being funny, I check these boards prior to my full pot of coffee. But about recommendations, I've heard that the pelican cases are nice. They are customizable. I really need to go with another case. My little 'James Bond' case is the same that you can get at Home Depot for 25 bucks. It's an ok case as long as I'm careful not to abuse it. Certainly it's nothing I would fly with. Look at the Pelican stuff. I've heard good reviews.
Old September 8th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #7
New Boot

I have two pdx10s and they each have a Pelican 1500 case. I bought a third for my other electronic addons (wireless mic etc).

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less....ican_1500.html

There is plenty of room for the camera and add-ons. I paid $92.32 total for the last one. It's cheap insurance and water tight:)
Jim J. Donaldson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion