PDX-10 non-compressed Resolution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old June 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Major Player

PDX-10 non-compressed Resolution

Anyone know what it may be?...PDX-10 non-compressed Resolution

I'm thinking of hot wiring off the chip set "RGB" to sdi then to
jpeg2000 lossless 4:4:4

Thanks
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

Sure, it's the same as photo mode - 1152x864. I did the following test awhile ago to determine how the different modes are mapped onto the CCD's. I framed the res chart in 4:3 mode, then switched to 16:9 and photo modes without changing any other settings: http://www.greenmist.com/dv/16x9/10.JPG

That sounds like quite a "science project" though, and I'd wonder if it's worth the effort (as much as I love my PDX-10) considering that the chips are only about 1/5".

But let us know how it works out!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Major Player

I know

I was on disability for 4 months and keep thinking about high def and the bad compression of mpg 2... So if one wants to really shoot SD and up rez then why not just use the camera you have and give it a shot... It's not like I have 5 grand for the Panasonic HVX which only puts out 540 lines of resolution... The canon HD Camera is 800 lines but 10 grand... So lets get a SD camera with 800 lines 4:4:4 and uprez... with the PDX-10 just add more light... anyway maybe I just had to much time to think...
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Major Player

Hasn't this already been done by Reel Stream (http://www.reel-stream.com/andromeda.php)?
John McManimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Major Player

I asked

Well I asked a similar question on their forum about using interlaced chips. They said they could, but they are using ONLY the DVX cameras, and it seams the way they convert SD to HD is through pixel shifting which Panasonic does in camera. So if one could just have your camera hot wired to RGB and capture 4:4:4 Lossless Sd then upez shouldn't be a big deal at all... a lot of people us the Panasonic 900 DVC50 4:2:2 camera and love it and go out to film... why not the PDX 10.. or any other camera... I'm also trying to figure out how to do all this with a laptop and the camera for more portability.... But again I think a lot...
Old June 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Bellaire
.... But again I think a lot...
As Shakespeare said, "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." :-)

Keep us updated on the project if you decide to go forward with it!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion