PD170 repair/firewire issue - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 17th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #16
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Arndt View Post
Alex, I think I remember messaging you a year or two back about trying to fix the firewire port, and I was asking if you had ever had any success. Guess not!

My brother is incredible with electronics, so I'm guessing he could figure out how to do the repair if I supplied him with the correct part. Maybe I'll give it a go...
Oh, Yes I remember now that you say it! Long time ago :)
As you guessed, I didn't have any luck with my repair yet. I gave up on it a while ago but i got a little spark of motivation back when I saw that John P had service manual :)

Please let me know what your borther thinks about it if you check with him.

Cheers
Alex Rilovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM   #17
Tourist

PD150 Service Manual

Hey John Petersen--
I work with a church in Littleton, CO and our PD150 has some issues. I was hoping to find a service manual and found your post here. Any chance you could email it to me? Thanks for your time....

jb
Jon Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #18
Regular Crew

PD150 service manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
I have a service manual for the VX2000 / DSR-PD150

If you want a copy of the PD150 service manual I can send you if you e-mail me.

John

Hi John,

If you still have the PD150 manual and can email it to me, that would be great!

(My firewire port is fine, touch wood, but the internal batteries have failed and I need to replace them. In another thread, I found an exploded view of the upper handle -- http://www2.sonysupport.com/PF/POV04...pperhandle.PDF but this seems to be for a PD170 - or at least, it doesn't correspond very well with the upper handle of my NTSC PD150...)
Norman Szabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:00 PM   #19
Tourist

here we go again

well i posted up here last yr about my firewire on my pd 170 acting up again. I let it sit for awhile and one day decided to plug it in to see if it would work and it did. Now I'm having the same problem again for the 3rd time. I noticed on my viewfinder that it says "dv in" i dont remember if it said that when it wasnt working before. But its not connecting to my computer. so far i tried 2 different cables, and took my firewire card and put it into another slot, and still nothing. anymore suggestions?
Derrick Rentz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion