Pd-170 - risks in the LCD screen, or white lines appear on the LCD, error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old March 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Tourist

Pd-170 - risks in the LCD screen, or white lines appear on the LCD, error

Hello my pd-170, presented at the end of last week, risks in the LCD screen, or white lines appear on the LCD and then the screen goes all white, then when I close the LCD open and again the image is then begins to emerge and so the risk goes up. Friends of the forum, vcs ja had this defect in a camera to have, I would like to know any story. How am I doing a search, the camera is already in the technical, and he confirmed that the lcd ta perfect and is now looking for a component that can give it this small defect in the lcd ... As this forum is incredible, maybe someone has already gone through this defect, or has a friend who can tell us how to solve this defect, as a way to exchange information.

denis
Denis Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Tourist

friends

friends understood the questions you
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Denis,
I hate to say it but honestly I really don't understand the question completely.
What I get from what you are saying is that the LCD turns white the disappears completely.

IF that's what is happening, what happens to the veiwfinder? Does it do the same thing?

About the only thing that I would try if it happened to me would be to try the RESET button located on the panel where the menu and other buttons are.

If the RESET button doesn't fix it then your only option is to take it in somewhere to be fixed by a certified Sony technician.
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Tourist

My lcd with the white lines in place of the images, I'm from Brazil and I'm using google to translate.

denis
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Wrangler

This sounds as if the flexible circuit (ribbon cable) that connects the LCD to the Camera circuit board may be faulty. Or the connector.

It may be that the contacts are dirty and removing and inserting the flexible circuit (ribbon cable) may clean it enough.
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Tourist

Hello mike this tip to their technique has already made, without success, I await other tips
Denis Castro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion