Setting Up the Viewfinder on a PD150 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 20th, 2003, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Setting Up the Viewfinder on a PD150

Can anyone please advise me on how to correctly set up my PD150 viewfinder?

Many thanks and regards,
Neil
Neil McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Not sure I understand what you mean. It's B&W so there's really no set up for it except for perhaps the little lever underneath to adjust the focus or sharpness for your own vison requirements.
Could you be a bit more specific as to what you mean?
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Don,

I was a bit vague, wasn't I?

What I meant really was how do I set up the viewfinder/LCD using the colour bars?

I want to reduce both brightness and contrast, then increase the brightness until the raster appears in the right hand (black segment) of the bars etc.

Thanks,
Neil
Neil McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Neil,
You might be misunderstanding the use of the color bars. First, they won't really mean much on the B&W viewfinder, 2ndly the only way to adjust the lcd is brightness and thats a button on the LCD.
The color bars are generally run for a few (5-15) seconds so that a monitor (or TV) can be set to those so that the monitor is showing a true color. Mant times a monitor will lose it's look such as the color slips from true or the contrast or brightness and you will usually see this with color bars being run in front of the video. Some NLE's have them also.

You can set color level, sharpness, white balance adjustment and gain limit on the 150 thru the CP or Custom Program (the button is of course on the back of the top handle). Many folks, myself included will use adjustments found there for specific jobs or if we just want to lower the saturation (level) of color etc.

I probably just made this as clear as mud right?!?!

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:22 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Don,

That sheds more light on it for me.

Thanks once again,
Neil
Neil McLean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion