Hiss sound? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 9th, 2002, 08:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hiss sound?

I am trying to decide whether to get the XL1 or the Vx2000.

I've heard that the vx2000 comes with a problem in the sound (hiss sound), is it true?

If so what should i do to double check whether mine has the problem? Most of the dealers in my place does not allow us to test them as they do not have them in stock and i'll have to place an order b4 getting them. Please help. Thanks.
Michael Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2002, 08:52 AM   #2
Trustee

Michael,
Early versions of bith the VX2000 and the PD150 had some pre-amp issue that casued a hiss. Sony has since corrected the problem. As your dealers have to order the camera in, you shouldn't have a problem getting the latest version.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2002, 01:20 PM   #3
New Boot

Michael......I got my Sony 2000 in Feb. from Armato's. No problem with any hissing sounds in auto or manual settings.
Chuck Eichmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 04:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

My only concern is that they would sell me an older version instead, so i just want to check out for the serial number if possible.

Moreover, i've read from some other websites that sony did not plan to correct the audio problem in vx2000. Only for pd 150.
Hmm i'm quite confuse over this.

klpwfm50, how's the sound quality of the vx2000? anyone can comment bout it?

And thanks to Adrian Douglas too for answering me.
Michael Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 07:37 AM   #5
Incomplete registration -- contact Admin

I bought my VX 2000 two years ago - no hiss problem. A bigger worry to you should be the fact that the Canon is vastly inferior when it comes to image control during zooming or any camera movement (pans and tilts included).
kgertler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 07:44 AM   #6
Trustee

I guess you're talking about in auto focus mode. The auto focus is a little dodgy, but most people don't use it anyway
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 08:04 AM   #7
Incomplete registration -- contact Admin

So Thaaaaaat's the problem! Sorry 'bout that! I wasn't aware that this was an 'Auto-only' problem - I've been looking at a friend's footage (he owns an XL-1 - which I admit is a lovely tool)

However... I must say that there are times - in a pinch when the auto features on the Sony have saved my butt--Especially when shooting documentaries, travel, news or nature footage on the fly.
kgertler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 08:30 AM   #8
Trustee

The best way to use the 16x auto lens is leave it in Manual and always set critical focus. if you have to change focus to something else use the Push Auto button.

The funny thing about the sony, it's optics and OIS are actually made by Canon
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion