time code question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old October 27th, 2003, 03:53 PM   #1
Major Player

time code question

i own a pd-150. i've read the manual but still can't fully grasp the difference between setting time code to PRESET and setting it to REGEN.

on what occaision would i want to set camera to PRESET and when would i prefer setting it to REGEN?

thanks.
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #2
Warden

Preset allows you to custom number your raw tapes. For example set the TC gen. to 01:00:00;00 for tape 1, 02:00:00;00 for tape 2 etc. REGEN pickes up the TC from the preroll when you pause reording. Jam Sync TC forces the TC gen to lock to external TC.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #3
Major Player

lets see if i got this straight:
so to cusomise time code on each tape, as you say, 01:00:00:00 for tape 1 and so on, i must set TC to PRESET. but then after setting that, if i want the TC generator to pick up at the last recorded TC after each time i pause shooting, i should reset the TC gen to REGEN.

so in practical terms: i put in my tape, set TC to PRESET, customize the TC according to tape number (if i wish to do so), and then switch the TC to REGEN so that my TC will be continuous, regardless of pauses while shooting.

did i get it?
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #4
Warden

Yes, that would do it.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion