VX1000 -- various topics - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 23rd, 2003, 08:20 PM   #31
Trustee

Mike, you're giving me ideas here. Who makes those 2.4 gig
video transmitters?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2003, 08:45 PM   #32
Wrangler

I have a set that came from X-10, the folks who make the wireless power controllers. Can't say that they are great but they would be able to transmit a framing image from the camera. I haven't looked at how to power them but because they came with Wall Warts, I'm guessing a small battery pack would work OK.
Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM   #33
Trustee

Does that Sunpac make much noise or is it pretty quiet?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:07 PM   #34
Wrangler

Quiet I think. IIRC, dead quiet.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM   #35
New Boot

LP mode on VX1000

Hello,
I borrowed a VX1000 for a shoot and I can find out how to switch to LP recording mode anywhere. Can any kind sould help me out please.

Thanks,
Drew
Drew McElvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:31 PM   #36
New Boot

Just in case you can't read my thoughts and know that I mean the oposite of what i typed here is the corected version.

I recently borrowed a VX1000 for a shoot and CAN'T find how to switch to LP recording mode. would some good soul please help me out.

Thanks,
Drew
Drew McElvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Hi Drew,

I've got access to a VX1000E (PAL version of the 1000) and it does not mention long play anywhere in the manual so I'm pretty sure it can't do LP unlike the later VX2000 which can.

Long play was probably still on the drawing boards when the VX1000 was released(1995ish).
Jon McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:06 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Sorry, VX1000 has no LP mode.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Vx1000 Ribbon Replacement Tutorial

I'm not sure how many people here still use the vx1000, but in my world (skateboard videography) that camera still reigns supreme and a lot of people have problems with the viewfinder ribbon breaking so we just put up a extended tutorial on my site with some pretty hi-res shots.

Or just bookmark it as a reference, if you have anything to include let me know.

Thanks
Steve

http://www.skateperception.com/instr....php?id=ribbon
Steve LaClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 01:47 AM   #40
Major Player

Very thorough and informative, but probably not something that the ham-handed among us would want to try.

I'm wondering how you'd manage to whack the camera hard enough to break that ribbon connector without mangling the whole works??

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #41
Regular Crew

Actually that ribbon cable breaking is a major problem among us skateboard videographers I know that much. Pretty much its happened to ever owner I know, just part of the territory I guess.

I'm assuming because most of the time when we shoot we are always low with the viewfinder up 90 degrees and what happens you eventually lose the image slowly at the higher angles and you have to keep lowering it then eventually it turns off. But I know 14 year old kids that do this because paying $150 is out of question for most of them so they just pay $46 for the ribbon and they are on their way.
Steve LaClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:45 AM   #42
Major Player

Steve, apparently putting the viewfinder all the way up, puts some linear stress on the wires in the ribbon and eventually begins to separate them. By lowering the viewfinder, the separated wires are pushed back together and make contact again. But eventually, they separate permanently, beyond being able to make contact across the gap, with repeated stretching.

This could be a warning to all those who shoot with the viewfinder angled all the way up. I wonder if this problem might exist in any other camcorder models?

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 04:20 PM   #43
Inner Circle

VX1000 filter thread thread size ?

Hi,

I had to switch around with someone else's VX1000 and my VX2000. What's the filter thread size ? 52mm? I needed to put my Canon WD58 wide angle adapter with 58mm threads on the VX1000, and it wouldn't fit. So, I'll need a step up ring.

Thanks,
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:28 PM   #44
Wrangler

It says 52 on the VX-1000 I've got siitting under my desk.
Old July 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #45
New Boot

Piping a VX1000 VIA RCAs to a VHS deck

I have a client who needs a video shot of a focus group.

He needs VHS copies right after the shoot.

Theory tells me I can run RCAs from my VX1000 to my TV/VCR combo deck and record directly to VHS.

The problem is ... the focus group meeting willl last just about two hours.

To my understanding there needs to be a tape recording in the VX1000 or it will go into standby mode.

Using a standard 60-minute mini DV tape in LP mode won't affect the picture quality of the VHS, which will be recording in SP?

As I'm typing this and really thinking about it, there's no way it could. SP/LP is only a tape speed thing.

Any tips for this kind of a job?

Thank you.
Jason R. Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion