DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   DCR-VX2000 Tape Door (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/18479-dcr-vx2000-tape-door.html)

Dwuane Thomas December 17th, 2003 03:44 PM

DCR-VX2000 Tape Door

I have a VX-2000 that's about 6 months old, and seem to have a
problem getting the tape access door to open. Sometimes I have
to take my fingernail and pry it open. Anyone else have this
problem and does anyone have a quick fix? If there's a tape in
it, it pops open okay usually.

Thanks for your input.

Dwuane

Harry Settle December 17th, 2003 04:52 PM

Only problem I've had is when the hand strap gets in the way.

Lee Muller December 17th, 2003 10:57 PM

I actualy have an opposite problem. It takes several attempts to close the inner door once I insert a tape. Go figure.

Lee

Boyd Ostroff December 18th, 2003 08:04 AM

I've always disliked the whole tape loading procedure on the VX-2000, although I haven't had any hardware problems. But having to depress that tiny blue "nipple" at the same time as sliding the switch is very awkward. Then having to push the door in until it clicks also just feels wrong to me. This is all very frustrating if you're trying to do a quick tape change in the dark while filming a performance. The PDX-10 really has a much nicer mechanism for tape loading.

Is this just me, or to others find the VX-2000 awkward as well?

Matt Stahley December 18th, 2003 11:20 AM

The hand strap is about the only thing that bothers me when tape loading.Other than that it beats the bottom loading of my PC-110 hands down so I cant complain too much.

Mark Goodsell December 18th, 2003 07:45 PM

Yep, mine's done it since I bought it. I don't pry it open with my fingernail, rather, I hold down the "Eject" button and pull the door open (putting my thumb on the horizontal area where the tape window is). It's not that difficult of a thing to do and hasn't been that annoying. I bought a performance guarantee with mine that includes cleaning and service. When I take it in, I'll have them look at it. I'll ask the service guy what the problem was and relay it to you. Don't know exactly when i'll take it in. Won't be until sometime after the holidays.

Frederic Segard December 18th, 2003 08:02 PM

A funny thing happened to me as I was shooting a hockey game with my brand spanking new PD-170 last week. In an attempt to quickly change tapes, I unwraped the plastic packaging, opened the door of the case, looked at the action I was missing all this time, inserted the tape in the camera.. all this in the span of 5 seconds! But the damn door wouldn't close any more!!! What the f*ck! This d*mn camera is not even 24hrs old! A slight 2 second inspection revealed my stupidity. As I was picking up the tape while watching the action, also grabbed the labels and inserted it in the tape mechanism along with the tape!!!

Mike Rehmus December 19th, 2003 07:18 PM

I hate it when I do that. It is easy to do. Guess that's why we should all prelabel our tapes!

Frederic Segard December 21st, 2003 03:02 PM

Ouff! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :-)

Bob Hart December 25th, 2003 10:17 AM

The reluctant door was a vexing question and took two fingers for a long time until I got lazy one day and simply used my thumb from above to press the little blue latch and work the sliding latch and it goes easily.